hotels in los angeles

Mar 9th, 2005, 05:34 AM
Original Poster

hotels in los angeles

We are traveling to Los Angeles on Apr 29 for two nights with our two sons 23 and 26. I would like to book a hotel but we need either two rooms or a large suite. I was looking at Lowes in Santa Monica but it gets pretty pricey for two rooms. How is the Best Western in Venice? Does anyone have any ideas. We want to be by the beaches and also plan on tourist things in Hollywood. Thank you
Mar 9th, 2005, 08:17 AM

The BW in Venice is only acceptable, but it is a hop skip and jump to the beach. A far better choice is the Georgian in Santa Monica. The Loews is a bit pricey for what you get. Since it's only for two nights, another possibility might be the Viceroy; and other posters talk about the Bayside, although it's so nondescript I've driven by it for 17 years and never noticed it.
Mar 9th, 2005, 11:09 AM

Holiday Inn Bel Air near UCLA is a 15 min drive down Sunset Bl to the beach, and a 15 min drive through Beverly Hills to Hollywood. Great location for tourists...around the corner from the Getty where you can have a great dinner. Make a 7pm reservation but arrive before 6pm to enjoy the museum and the sunset. This is one of those places your family will always remember going to together. $110 per night in April, can't be beat in this area.
Mar 9th, 2005, 11:51 AM

Another perspective....since it is only 2 nights, why not live a little if you can afford it? Loews is a really lovely hotel and if you want to be on the beach, it is great. Just out of curiosity, I looked up your dates on their website and saw that you can get a partial ocean view room for $259/nt--a plan ahead special(a AAA discounted price)-- which is not bad for that hotel...

A favorite hotel of ours is the Century City Plaza--a Westin--which is centrally located on the edge of Beverly Hills. There is just something about it that just reeks of LA---in the good way!! We always feel like the gliteratti will go strolling by and it is just a really nice place to stay. The wonderful lively indoor and outdoor lounge on the main floor is beautifully contrasted by it also being the quietest hotel on the rooms' floors I have ever been in. Every time we are there, it seems that no one is in the place even when it is full. I do not believe I have ever heard a sound from any other room or the hall--one of my major hotel pet peeves.
Mar 9th, 2005, 12:46 PM

This may not apply to you if you are looking for the beach, but for others reading this post who are interested in L.A. hotels, that Holiday Inn Brentwood/Bel Air mentioned has an entertainment card rate of $79 sometimes. Just go to holiday inn website and you can check if the entertainment rate is available for your dates. If it is, you can currently purchase an e-card membership for about $15 at entertainment.com (The original poster would spend $30 on two cards, but save $120 for the two nights two rooms. Then still have the card for discounts at other hotels through the year.)
Mar 9th, 2005, 12:51 PM

Sally.........Manhattan Beach is south of the airport, and a longer drive to Hollywood than Santa Monica, but traffic is usually not too bad on Saturdays. Check out this place, they may have one of their two-bedroom units available for you if you don't mind the longer drive.

www.seaviewinnatthebeach.com

Search this Thread