Search

HOTELS IN BOSTON

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19th, 1998, 07:13 AM
J. BRUEGGEN

HOTELS IN BOSTON

Has anyone ever stayed at Copley Square Hotel or The Colonnade Hotel? How was it? Is it a good location? Restaurants close? Must Sees? Thanks

Old Jun 19th, 1998, 08:09 AM
Ben

The Copley Square Hotel is right in the heart of the Back Bay. There are many excellent restaraunts nearby, and it is within walking distance of the theater district, the Common, Newbury Street, etc... It is an old hotel, but very nice. Have fun in Boston!

Old Jun 19th, 1998, 04:00 PM
Donna

I would go with the Colonnade, given a choice between these two. We used to stay at the Copley Square, but it has undergone a change in ownership, the rates have gone way up, and it's in serious need of updating. Our last room there was almost seedy. The wall to wall was horrible and the drapes and bedspread were faded and stained. When I commented on this the next time I called (and was offered outrageous rates), they didn't care. You might also want to check out the Tremont House (where we stay now). Recently renovated throughout. The Midtown Hotel (more an upscale motel) is also a good value for the dollar.

Old Jun 19th, 1998, 06:48 PM
Marc

I agree with Donna, the Copley Square Hotel is very old. My choice would be the Colonade. If you prefer that area you can also try the Westin or the Marriott Copley Place. The Tremont House is a recently renovated hotel but not in the best area.

Old Jun 24th, 1998, 02:52 PM
Tara

I didn't like the Copley Square at all... We were in Boston in March and absolutely loved The Lenox. It's beautiful, recently renovated, reasonably priced. I would stay there again in a second!!!

Old Jun 29th, 1998, 04:57 AM
julia

I stayed at Copley last year, the hotel is nothing to get excited about - small rooms which desparately need decorating BUT it is in a good location near to everything and the trolley bus stops near by!

Old Jun 29th, 1998, 06:05 PM
Tomomi

Have you stayed in Elliott Hotel on Commonwealth Ave? It is a gem.

Old Jul 1st, 1998, 03:22 AM
Denise Scandiffio

What is the price of the Elliot Hotel and Lenox Hotel? We are a family of 5 looking for reasonable accomodations. ( $200 or under a night). So far booked the Midtown Hotel, but still open.

Thanks,
Denise

Old Jul 1st, 1998, 10:36 AM
j. brueggen

We just got back from our stay at the Midtown. It was very nice, clean, plenty of room for 4 adults in one room. (more like a motel than a hotel.) We were happy with it and they treated us very well. We bought a pass for the T and had no trouble getting from the airport and around town. Too bad it had to rain. Don't forget your umbrella!!!