Hotels at Disney World

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29th, 1998, 08:46 AM
Chris Bunch

Hotels at Disney World

I am planning a honeymoon at Walt Disney World and I
wanted to know if the Grand Floridian is as good as
all the literature says it is. If anyone has stayed
there please tell me about your experiences.
Thank You

Old Jan 29th, 1998, 09:57 PM
andrea

On our many trips to WDW we have not stayed there. But we have eaten many meals and looked over their property. It is beautiful and in a very desireable location. I don't think you could go wrong! Congrats! Andrea

Old Jan 30th, 1998, 05:50 PM
janet

The Grand Floridian is one of the nicest hotels we have ever stayed at. It is worth every penny! Request a room with a lagoon view, if possible with a view of the Magic Kingdom. Its a great place!!!!

Old Jan 31st, 1998, 04:47 PM
Linda

We were there quite a few years ago and found it wonderful. There is also a "concierge" level where you receive special services, including buffet breakfast, lemonade and cookies, wine and cheese, etc. Being on the monorail is worth the extra money, so you should enjoy that too. The service was exceptional; they found my lost belt and somehow managed to send it back to me! I also think you will find it more suitable for a honeymoon than the other Disney hotels, though our 2 year old was also welcome (they even located the Winnie the Pooh character for us so we could be sure she saw him at the theme park).

Old Feb 5th, 1998, 04:22 PM
Greg

While I agree that Grand Floridian is nice (as are all Disney hotels), I thought the GF was overpriced. The lobby is wonderful but I really didn't think the rooms were exceptional. I actually prefer the Polynesian which is on the mono line. Quiet and recently redone (at least the room where we stayed at Christmas this year). Our room was large and just had a great stay. As I indicated, you can't go wrong at either one - just my choice. Disney World is great. Congrats and enjoy!!

Old Feb 6th, 1998, 03:36 PM
ELAINE

As you may already be aware, the Floridian also offers fine dining where children are not encouraged to dine! Wonderful! The hotel is beautiful! My husband and I gound Disney's Yacht Club a gem due to the fact that it is located in great proximtiy - 5 minute stroll to EPCOT and a 7 minute relaxing boat ride to MGM - to the parks we had the most interest in concentrating on AND it also appeared to be a hotel not frequented by many children. That was a nice benefit as we too visited without children ourselves. You MUST dine at the California Grill located at the top of the Contemporary Hotel, which is located two monorail stops from the Grand Floridien. Visit so you can enjoy the Magic Kingdom Fireworks while dining; the lights are dimmed for those few moments so everyone can enjoy! CONGRATS!