Search

Hotel Wolcott?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5th, 2000, 09:40 PM
Rita

Hotel Wolcott?

I have recently reserved the Hotel Wolcott in Midtown. The price was excellent, but I was wondering if anyone here had ever stayed there. I'm not looking for anything fancy...clean room and relatively safe neighborhood are basically all I'm looking for. So did I pick a good place?

Old Jun 6th, 2000, 05:05 AM
Owen O'Neill

It's been recommended to me as a good choice for a clean and moderately priced establishment. It's a good neighborhood but is primarily businesses - not residential. It's definitely a safe area. My only suggestion would be that if I were a single woman returning to the hotel after 10 or 11PM a cab would be a good idea only because the side streets in that area (it is on one) tend to have very little pedestrian traffic after that hour of night. You'll be happy with your choice - it's a very convenient location.

Old Jun 6th, 2000, 10:59 AM
Jam

I stayed in the Hotel Wolcott last September and found it to be a great choice for the price.

OK so the rooms are comfortable rather than luxurious, but for the four days I spent there, the room and hotel in general were perfectly clean, and the reception area is even quite ornate!

The most appealing factor for me was the staff who were very efficient, friendly and infinitley helpful.

Old Jun 8th, 2000, 06:49 PM
Rita

Thanks guys. It sounds like it'll be perfect for my needs - I appreciate all the input.

Old Jun 9th, 2000, 06:28 PM
Dianna

Just stayed 3 nights at the Wolcott this week and was adequate, but small rooms. It was clean and somewhat renovated, but no ice to be had anywhere in the hotel. Price was good and it was a convenient location, would probably go back if I can't get in the Pennsylvania House.