Hotel Options for first timers

Old May 8th, 2000, 07:46 AM
Kathleen

Hotel Options for first timers

My husband and I are planning to go to New Orleans for our first anniversary. We've found 3 hotels all offering basically the same price: Maison Dupuy, Inn on Bourbon and the Chateau Hotel. Any suggestions as to where to stay? We'll be there at the end of August.

Old May 8th, 2000, 07:57 AM
susan

I think of those three, Maison Dupuy might be your best bet. A word of warning, though. You've picked the absolute worst time of the year for a trip to New Orleans. It's VERY hot and VERY humid...You should, in fact, be able to get some great hotel deals based on the month alone.

Old May 8th, 2000, 11:13 AM
Gail

Kathleen, I took a first anniversary trip to New Orleans- Stayed at The Historic French Market Inn, Room overlooking the courtyard/Pool- Its on Canal (?) and just a short walk to the Quarter- Be careful though, we came back with an extra passenger- Almost named her Nola- LOL she's now six! have fun!!

Old May 8th, 2000, 12:34 PM
susan

I definitely would NOT stay at the Historic French Market Inn. It's got one of the worst reputations of any place to stay in New Orleans. I guess lots of things change in 6 years!

Old May 11th, 2000, 09:33 AM
Gail

What a disapointment! Am hoping to go back in a couple of months- you may have saved me from a big mistake!

Old May 11th, 2000, 12:20 PM
John

Listen to Susan on this one...avoid the Historic "French Market" (not near the Market, actually) Inn. Reputation is very poor.

I also agree that Maison Dupuy is the best of the three you mentioned, with Chateau being my second choice. Inn on Bourbon is now a Ramada (ick!) and is a loud overpriced motel that happens to be well located.