Hotel near State College, Pa

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13th, 2007, 05:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please help! I just got tickets to see my Buckeyes play at Penn St. on October 27. Of course finding a room is a nightmare. I am taking my 15 year old son and don't think we'll have it in us to drive much more than an hour(game starts at 8:00pm)after the game. I've checked Altoona and Clearfield-anyone have a suggestion?
Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 14th, 2007, 05:29 AM

My husband got tickets to this game and I did a quick search a few weeks ago and the closest I could find was Harrisburg, PA. I'm not sure what direction your trying to go, but you could try that or maybe Selinsgrove....

With this late notice - you may be out of luck. Over 100,000 people show up for Penn State games and they generally book up the hotels pretty fast.

You may want to check with B&B's in the area, or widen your search range to 1.5 to 2 hours out. And expect a huge amount of traffic out of town.
Old Oct 14th, 2007, 06:27 AM

Try the Selingrove, Lewisburg, Williamsport and Lock Haven areas. These are an 1 1/2 -1 3/4 hours away. Expect tons of traffic. Good luck. Penn State game weekends tend to fill hotels 2 hours drive away.

Have a great time. There's nothing like the atmosphere at Beaver Stadium on game day!
Old Oct 14th, 2007, 07:26 PM
GBC

For a recent football weekend we were successful at the Marriott Courtyard right in State College.
Old Oct 15th, 2007, 06:49 AM

GBC: You got the Marriott in State College on short notice during a football weekend? Did the hotel have an outbreak of bubonic plague?

Normally, on football weekends, hotels are booked solid and have waiting lists a mile long.

carol: As others have noted, you may have to change your thinking about driving more than an hour. What direction are you coming from?
Old Oct 15th, 2007, 04:56 PM

Check bigwoodsvacations.com
We just got back from a weekend at the Cottage at Pine Creek. That one's booked for the 27th, but the Big Woods Mountain Lodge is available and is just over an hour away from State College. It's $95/night and requires a 2 night minimum. However, the owners are extremely nice and they might let you do a one night stay if you ask. If not, check out VRBO.com for other cabins and houses in the area as an alternative to a hotel. They aren't exactly luxury, but you can probably find a cute little cabin in the woods.
Old Oct 16th, 2007, 05:41 AM

Ask here:
http://www.bwi.rivals.com/forum.asp?sid=890&fid=36

and here:
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=157#s=157&f=1395

These are the two major PSU fan forum sites. Sometimes you'll get lucky and a poster will have a room or know of one.

Rooms do book up quick. There's already a waiting list at pretty much all the area hotel's for next year's Michigan game. The fact that OSU will probably be #1 going in (but hopefully not going out), won't help.
Old Oct 16th, 2007, 05:56 AM

Just a follow-up. If you are going to post on these sites - don't let on that you're an OSU fan. Guarantee that you won't get help.