Hotel in St. Helena

Feb 9th, 2002, 01:16 PM
Rich

Hotel in St. Helena

I recall having lunch once in a hotel in St Helena (in Napa Valley) that had a number of small buildings for rooms versus the typical dorm type arrangement. It was a really good restruant and I'd like to book the hotel.

Anyone know the one I am remembering (I hope) and have comments on it?

Thanks . . Rich

Feb 10th, 2002, 05:48 AM
Rich

Trying again . .

Feb 10th, 2002, 08:28 AM
tdandmd

Auberge du Soleil is not actually in St. Helena, but it is not far away and could easily be thought of as St. Helena by someone not familiar with every little nook and cranny up there. They have individual rows of buildings with maybe five rooms to a building.

Don't know if that's what you are looking for, but it is a FABULOUS property and definitely worth a look. The restaurant is wonderful, and it has a deck with a view of the valley that is breathtaking. Word of caution, though, it is NOT inexpensive.

Feb 10th, 2002, 08:31 AM
tdandmd

You know, now that I think about it, another option is Meadowood. Their address may actually be officially St. Helena, although like Auberge it is off the Silverado trail and not off Highway 29.

This property also has a good restaurant, and the rooms are scattered throughout the property. It is down in a small little valley that is lush and green. Extremely relaxing. Also has a 9-hole golf course.

Feb 10th, 2002, 12:19 PM
Rich

Perhaps it is no longer there . . I recall that it was in the middle of town, just a block or two off the main road. But . . it has been almost 20 years since I was there.

The Auberge du Soleil sounds interesting . . I'll research it further.

Thanks to all for the help . .

Rich