Search

Hotel in San Jose

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1st, 2006, 10:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel in San Jose

We will be staying in San Jose 1 night need help deciding between the Montgomery and the Hotel De Anza, any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Miki
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 10:56 AM
trippinkpj

I live in San Jose, so I haven't stayed in wither but know people who have. Because of location, I'd pick Hotel Montgomery (on the light rail line/ near a lot of restaurants). But check www.tripadvisor.com.

Old Apr 1st, 2006, 02:54 PM
trippinkpj

I just checked on Trip Advisor. Hotel Montgomery is ranked #5 out of 63 hotels in San Jose. And Hotel De Anza is #13 out of 63. I remember our out of town employees staying there once last year and really were pleased.

Old Apr 1st, 2006, 06:19 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice..any suggestions on what to do while we are there? What have you heard about the Childrens museum?

Old Apr 1st, 2006, 07:38 PM
trippinkpj

I've been to the Children's Discovery Museum many times in the 90's with my children. It's great. How old are children? Also the Tech Museum is interesting (prob. 9 and older), and the San Jose Art Museum. There's nice parks (Discovery Meadow's great), and if it's warm (late spring or summer, there's a walk through fountain's across from the Fairmont. All these places are walking distance from the Hotel Montgomery. The Children's museum would be the farthest away at about a ten minute walk. Let me know what kind of dining you like and I can make some suggestions.

Old Apr 2nd, 2006, 06:49 AM
Original Poster

We have one daughter and she will be 18 months old when we are there, the park sounds wonderful, we are wanting to just relax with her and let her run around, the fountains sound fun as well- she loves water! As far as dining I would love any suggestions that you have...something that would be suitable for a little one but with great food for us. She is a great little eater and will eat anything. We will be watchng the fireworks. We have not been to California so we will appreciate any suggestions that you may have! My email address is [email protected]. Thanks again, Miki
Old Apr 2nd, 2006, 07:11 AM
trippinkpj

I sent you an e-mail.