Reload this Page >

Hotel in downtown Denver

Search

Hotel in downtown Denver

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4th, 1999, 05:40 AM
Troy

Hotel in downtown Denver

MY wife, myself and a friend are planning a trip to see friends in Denver. We are all staying in Breck from 9/4 to 9/10 but then the 3 of us need a hotel in downtown Denver for 2 nights. I am a travel agent and this will be my 3rd trip to the Colorado Rockies, but I've never needed a hotel before and would like some feedback. I want to be within walking distance of the 16th street mall. I'm considering 3 hotels: 1)The Executive Tower Hotel 2) The Hotel Monaco 3)The Warwick Hotel. Any suggestions?

Also, where's Dave & Busters? Are there other places like that in Denver? Looking for fun things to do in Metro Denver those last 2 days. Thanks.

Old Aug 4th, 1999, 02:39 PM
Owen O'Neill

I'm not sure where Dave & Buster's is but my boss has stayed regularly at the Executive Tower and he says it's fine (he's moderately picky but doesn't insist on the most expensive accomodations). It's immediately adjacent to the 16th Street Mall, which take sup several blocks in downtown. The mall is new, upscale and comprised of many stores, boutiques, restaurants, movie theater etc. that all have exterior access. You'll find plenty to do there and LoDo (Lower Downtown) is an easy walk or short cabride away. It's the redeveloped warehouse district near Coors Field and is chock full of brewpubs, cafes, restaurants etc.. If you have transportation and prefer to check out ethnic dining (Indian, Vietnamese, Ethiopian etc.) then head out E. Colfax Avenue a few miles and you'll find plenty of options. I also strongly encourage you to visit Boulder if you haven't already done so. Lots of fun things to do (food, hiking etc.) and the town is situated in an incredibly scenic area and has good ambience.

Old Aug 4th, 1999, 03:14 PM
Bly

Troy - As a travel agent you might get better rates at chain hotels - theres an Embassy Suites, Marriott Courtyard and Westin Tabor Center all in the same area. (Check your HTI for details). The Executive Tower was recommended when the Embassy Suites was sold out so I'm guessing its in the same category. Haven't heard of the others.

Old Aug 5th, 1999, 03:58 PM
ellie

I stayed at the Hyatt and Westin. Both were very nice. The Westin is right near 16th or on 16th. The Hyatt is one block away. If you like wild game, go the the Denver Buffalo Company downtown. The only meat on the menu is bison and elk that will melt in your mouth. Wonderful service too! A few blocks from 16th St is a old warehouse that has pool tables, darts and food. I can't remember the name. Maybe someone else knows where I'm talking about.

Old Aug 6th, 1999, 05:10 PM
Troy

Thanks for the feedback. I'm chooding between the Westin (4 diamonds $99/night) and the Executive Tower Inn(2 diamonds $69/night).

any ideas on cheap parking withing walking distance of these hotels (i.e. 16th street mall)?