Hotel in Clearwater

Jan 31st, 2002, 03:15 PM
mgmason

Hotel in Clearwater

I have been looking at hotels in Clearwater and have seen the new Holiday Inn Express in Dunedin, the Ramada Countryside and the Wingate Inn on Lake Blvd. I don't want to be on a beach nor do I want to be around a loit of teenagers. Which one of the three is best or can you recommend another?
Thanks!

Feb 4th, 2002, 05:26 PM
peg

Hi --
I know of the HI Exp Dunedin. It's just a few blocks north of 'downtown' Dunedin, if you can call it that. Dunedin is a little village-like place, walkable and charming, with some shops and decent restaurants. And, it's just a few blocks walk from there to the lovely harbor. Probably not a lot of teens there.

Am still fairly new here, but if you can give me addresses for the Ramada and the Wingate, I can probably give you some area info.

And, we know what you don't want; what do you want?

Feb 18th, 2002, 05:19 PM
mgmason9

Hi Peg-
Thanks for writing! What I do want is a some quiet time with my better half on our 8th year anniversary. Don't get me wrong I love kids (I have 2 myself)! I had heard that Dunedin was a quiet town removed from all the action. The Wingate I looked at was at 5000 Lake Blvd. in Clearwater and the Ramada Countryside was near the mall.
Any other info you haev is much appreciated.

Feb 18th, 2002, 05:57 PM
Mary

Have you checked out www.clearwaterbeaches.com, or www.flausa.com. I think you can find something better.

Feb 18th, 2002, 07:18 PM
Sylvia

Wingate Inn is located very close to US 19 and 49th street. It is Clearwater, but closer to Pinellas Park. There is nothing to see in this area, but you can get quickly to Clearwater, St. Pete and Tampa from this area. What do you want to do during your vacation?

Feb 19th, 2002, 11:56 AM
mgmason9

Thanks to all for responding!
I would like to go to the beach (but not stay on the beach as I am Canadian and our dollar is quite low compared to the US). I would like to see a Blue Jays game, sit by a pool with a book and shop.

Feb 19th, 2002, 12:58 PM
Jim

I think I am going to a game against the Blue Jays on April 13th. Is that the one your going to? I have never been to Tropicana Field. Can't decide if I should go or not. I am a baseball fan but like the braves. Don't no much about Toronto or the DevilRays except neither had a good record last year.

Feb 21st, 2002, 02:46 PM
mgmason9

Hi Jim:
Not sure which game I am off to. Have to see what my husband wants to do. Toronto used to have a great team but have gone downhill. Just would like to go as I am from Toronto.
Hope you enjoy yourself!