Search

Hotel Edison ? NYC

Search this Thread

Old May 28th, 2000, 04:48 PM
Gretchen

Hotel Edison ? NYC

Several posts on other travel boards have mentioned the Hotel Edison as a good place, safe, clean and not expensive $130, does anyone have any comments ?

Old May 28th, 2000, 05:45 PM
Samuel

D U M P ! ! !

Sorry, but keep looking!

Old May 29th, 2000, 05:12 AM
Tom

Sorry, but I disagree; it is not a dump. It is nothing fancy, but it is clean, the staff is helpful, the location is good.

Old May 29th, 2000, 09:00 AM
Daniel

Well, my vote would put it somewhere between the above two comments. The location can't be beat if you want to be in the middle of things, but you might want to opt for the stylish but small rooms and excellent service/atmosphere of the Paramount next door. Even if you do decide to stay at the Edison, you must have a light meal or a drink at the Paramount's mezzanine restaurant.

Old May 30th, 2000, 11:14 AM
lisa

I think the Edison is a very good value for the money, and the location really can't be beat if you want to be in the theatre district/midtown. It definitely is not a dump. It was refurbished within the past few years.

Old May 30th, 2000, 11:59 AM
jgriffin

We liked the Edison very much. Will stay there again.

Old May 30th, 2000, 06:01 PM
ed

Try the quality inn on W 71 st; it was mentioned in the On the Ave post.

Old May 31st, 2000, 04:12 AM
Jim

I have never stayed at the Edison but I am a big believer in Zagat's guides, which have reviews written by travelers and not critics. The Edison receives pretty low marks overall (some of the worst, in fact) but is still listed as having a good price-value relationship. (I should note that scores this low in Zagat's usually don't receive good comments too, so the people must be happy to put up with the negatives because of the low price!)