Reload this Page >

Hotel Advice - Late Flight Arrival

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 07:00 AM
Al

We have a late flight arrival in Honolulu (10:15pm) after a long flight (9-10 hours) and are wondering whether we should take a hotel close to the airport which would be cheaper and more convenient or continue to our destination in Kahala with a late hotel arrival. (Seems crazy to pay $300+ to arrive at midnight in a luxury hotel but I guess the next morning you have the whole day vs wasting the morning moving to another hotel).

Any advice would be appreciated ....

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 07:07 AM
Cindy

We faced the same dilemma last year. There are a number of reasonably-priced hotels very close to the Honolulu airport that offer free shuttle service back and forth. We stayed at the Best Western; it wasn't $300! and it was perfectly fine. We continued on to Kona the next day.

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 08:59 AM
Kristin

Make sure that wherever you do stay, you guarantee late arrival with a credit card and have them put your arrival time in the reservation notes. It would really be bad to get to your destination and find out they've given away your room! Have fun! )

Old Mar 16th, 2002, 08:31 PM
Jeff

Does it really make any sense to go the trouble of checking-in, fishing-out your nighties, toiletries and next day's clothes, and settling-in to a hotel only to have to pack-up and check-out the next morning to go to a hotel just a little bit farther away?

Guarantee your late arrival and go to straight to Kahala, settle-in and enjoy.

Life's too short to drive yourself crazy w/ all that unnecessary running around.

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 08:50 AM
Susan

If you are arriving at 10:15pm local Hawaii time, remember your body will think it's more like 7pm or 4pm (you are coming from the east coast?). Granted that is a long day of traveling but you might be ready for a nice dinner and drink so it might be better to get to the Kahala where you'll have all of that at your disposal. And then you'll wake up in the morning (very early, mind you) and you'll have the beach out your front door and can watch the sunrise. Nothing beats that first morning in Hawaii when you wake up early enough to watch the sun rise with a cup of Kona coffee!

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 08:55 AM
Susan

Just realized that I have that backwards, don't I? You can't have it both ways, stay up late and wake up early! Your body will think it's six hours later, yikes. Still, I think it would be best to get to the Kahala so you can enjoy your morning and not waste the first half of your day checking out and checking in. Sorry, don't know what the leprechauns have done with my brain!

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 01:16 PM
George

Susan: I always have to stop and think about the Hawaii time difference.

One time I called my brother there, purely as a social call. And it was 1:45AM their time....