Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Hotel Accommation in Orlando on International Drive

Jun 26th, 2002, 10:51 AM
Paul

I am coming to Orlando in September and want to stay along I-Drive. I have heard that the Marriott Grande Vista, Sheraton Vistina Village: I-Drive or the Summerfield Suites: I-Drive are good. Any comments on these properties? Or could you recommend any other hotels which have 1 or 2 bedroom suites, villa's.?

Jun 27th, 2002, 05:56 AM
Carol & Craig

Unfortunately we can't give any recommendations on any of the properties you have listed (we live here). But we'd be glad to cruise by the properties and see how they look from the outside (we live just a few miles from I-Drive). Contact us via email and give us the addresses.

Jun 27th, 2002, 06:19 AM
xxx

Is International Drive the strip by the airport? If so, they are nothing special and not sure why you would want to stay there. Was there one night for business (the Sheraton) and it was fine, just wouldn't stay there for pleasure. If for business, just pick the one where you'd like to earn points (think the Marriott and Sheraton are probably the "nicest")

Jun 27th, 2002, 06:29 AM
jabez

Any particular reason for I-drive? Is there any particular area you would prefer (it's a long street)Although Sept. shouldn't be bad,it sure can get congested on it.
Summerfield,of the three,might be your best. My favorite (close,but not on I drive)is the Hilton Grand Vacation Club by Sea World.

Jun 27th, 2002, 09:47 AM
d

I've had good luck with the Hyatt on I drive (Kissemme)...rate is usually under $80. It has a nice pool area and the rooms are OK...not a luxury resort by any standards, but a good price for a reasonable place...