Reload this Page >

Hot springs close to Denver?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29th, 2001, 11:45 AM
Erika

My fiance and I have a weekend to spend in Denver (late Friday night to Sunday afternoon, first weekend in March). We're not into skiing and are looking for things to do in or around Denver.

So I heard there's hot springs? How much of a drive would that take? How's the weather like in Denver around early March? I'm worried about snowed-out flights...

Thanks!
Erika

Old Jan 31st, 2001, 10:44 AM
Erika

Old Jan 31st, 2001, 01:22 PM
Mark

I live in Denver and it is a great city. The closest Hot Springs is probably Idaho Springs. It is west of Denver up I-70 about 1 hour. In March the weather here can be iffy, but the weather here is never as bad as the reputation. We have over 300 days of sun a year. Your likelihood of weather problems here is small. If you are staying downtown there is a lot to do down there. Let me know a little more about what you are after via email and I will be glad to help out. You don't have any Tampa Bay knowledge do you? Mark

Old Jan 31st, 2001, 04:13 PM
mms

One of the best hot spring pools in the country - I think it is the largest - is in Glenwood springs. Unfortunately, Glenwood is about 3 hours from Denver - But it does make a nice weekend trip - with a stop in Vail, Breckenridge, or Aspen on the way.

Old Feb 1st, 2001, 09:58 AM
Heather

There are some great springs up in the Steamboat area, but it's a good 3-4 hr drive. Have you ever tried snowshoeing? It's easy and fun and there are a million places to go in the Denver area. Rentals at EMS or REI. Be sure to check out some of teh great Denver restuarants, too!