Search

Hoover Dam

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17th, 2001, 08:34 AM
Ed Henderson

Hoover Dam

Hello

I want to go visit the Hoover Dam / Lake Mead while in Vegas? Whats the best way to get there (I dont have a car)???? taxi? bus? Anyone help?

Thanks

E.

Old Jul 17th, 2001, 08:43 AM
Larry

Try this link for tours from Las Vegas:http://www.ilovevegas.com/ilovevegas2.tpl

Old Jul 17th, 2001, 09:51 AM
Lorraine

Most of the hotels can recommend guided tours of Hoover Dam. When I was there, we went on a tour that Bellagio recommended. It was about 8-10 of us. We were picked up at our hotel, taken to Hoover Dam where we had a guided tour and then driven back to our hotel.
Its a full day or almost a full day thing. Its about 30-40 mins from the strip. The tour is about 1 1/2 hours and then about 1/2 hour to 40 mins to tour the gift shop and walk up to the road on top where the border of the 2 states is. then the ride back to the strip.
I highly recommend it. The tour we went on was called the "Hard Hat" tour.

Old Jul 18th, 2001, 12:26 PM
Linda

There are quite a few tours from the Strip to HD. Your hotel should be able to recommend one. Please be aware that there are Hard Hat tours and "normal" tours. The HH will be more expensive and more extensive. The tour is great. But the normal tours are really good too, in case you want to spend a little less money. Believe the "normal tour" is only a half-day tour.

Old Jul 18th, 2001, 12:30 PM
Linda

Forgot to add: Taxi would be exhorbitant--maybe almost as much as the rest of your vacation costs (not including what you lose on the tables?!? . The dam is approximately 30 miles from LV. As far as I am aware, there are no public buses out there. You only have two options: Take a guided tour or rent a car and drive there, taking the Hoover Dam tour when you arrive.