Reload this Page >

Honolulu/Waikiki Accomodations

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9th, 2000, 02:17 PM
Joan & Richard Graybill

In October we will be in Honolulu/Waikiki for two nights before flying Kauai we do not want to have to spend $200 a night for a room and would appreciate some suggestions less than $100 a night.

Old Feb 22nd, 2000, 10:52 AM
Margaret

Why don't you cheap people stay at the W.m.c.a?

Old Feb 22nd, 2000, 12:58 PM
Linda

Please ignore the rude answer. I am sure you can find rooms in Waikiki for $100 for less - check the Outrigger chain for one. Also, do a search on hotels and see what is out there - Waikiki is very "narrow" - you can stay a few blocks back from the beach and save a bundle.

Old Feb 22nd, 2000, 01:49 PM
Noah

Margaret,

Your snobby, rude attitude is not appreciated. Not everyone can afford to spend a lot on lodging. There are also people who choose not to spend a lot and there is nothing wrong with that.

You should be grateful that you are blessed to be afford expensive lodging and not look down at others who aren't as fortunate. Remember, you never know what can happen; One day you just might hit hard times yourself.

Old Feb 22nd, 2000, 01:55 PM
Noah

There are many accomodations for under a $100- a night in Waikiki, many even with nice views.

Here are two which I came across while surfing around, they look pretty good to me:

http://www.waikiki-gateway-hotel.com/

http://www.waikikisandvillahotel.com/

See my list of U.S. Travel Links for more Hawaii resources.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Old Feb 22nd, 2000, 02:12 PM
annemarie

Hi, there, why not try the Hawaiian Regent at 1 800 367 5370 and ask for their entertainment rate...don't worry if you don't have it, just ask for it and if it is the rate you want email me back on obtaining such a card. Last year, they were quoting 100.00 with this rate which is pretty good. Not luxury, but pretty fine for those days and in an absolutely perfect location in the middle of everything. This entertainment book, by the way , the Hawaii edition, will give you 2 for 1 coupons for the interisland flights as well. Try it and let me know.

Old Feb 22nd, 2000, 03:02 PM
Cheryl Z.

Joan and Richard - you'll be able to find many choices in the Outrigger chain especially in your price range. To find many, many, recent and detailed discussions re this very thing, just do a search for Hawaii on this forum. Lots of details available too re the Entertainment Book.

Old Feb 23rd, 2000, 06:15 AM
Kalena

Ignore the rude person(Unbelieveable!!!) I stayed at the Outrigger Sky Maile Court (Now, it is an Ohana Hotel, which is an offshoot of the Outrigger Chain) The prices are at $109 nightly however they do offer a $99 deal. Call Pleasant Hawaiian Holidays.. 1-800-2-HAWAII-- I am sure they can find you a decently priced hotel. I use them for my trips to Hawaii. It is a suprisingly pleasant hotel and about a 2 block walk to Waikiki Beach. It would be a good choice for a short stay.

Enjoy your vacation. I am going back to Hawaii in May!!

Old Feb 23rd, 2000, 12:41 PM
kalena

Now there are two kalena's here.

Old Feb 23rd, 2000, 01:49 PM
bill

I have heard that there is a hotel in Honolulu that has a dolphin pool where children can swim and play with the dolphins. Any comments?

Old Feb 23rd, 2000, 02:14 PM
Lani

The only program I know about is the one on the Big Island at Hilton Waikoloa Village. The Kahala Mandarin Oriental in Honolulu has a dolphin pool but you can't swim with them. Maybe at Sea Life Park on Oahu? But I don't think so!

Old Feb 23rd, 2000, 04:47 PM
Joan & Richard Graybill

Thank you to all for the helpful advice. We have booked an hotel at Waikiki Beach.