Honeymoon help in Maui

Old Aug 15th, 2000, 05:20 PM
Chris

Honeymoon help in Maui

Hi We are planning a honeymoon trip to Maui. We will go for 10 days and just want to stay on the one island and then do day trips.

We would like to stay in hotel which has suites with kitchenettes if possible. Can anyone comment on Kea Lani Hotel/Suites and also Embassy Vacation Resort?

We also want to make sure our hotel is right on the beach and a nice one too! I don't want to be walking forever to the beach and trampling over people. I don't mind moderate crowds though.

Any other hotel suggestions? is this time of year hurricane time? We are worried.

Thanks for the help.

Chris

Old Aug 15th, 2000, 06:38 PM
Carrie

Kea Lani is superior to Embassy.
Check the archives above (enter "Kea Lani" and you'll find dozens of other opinions). Close to beach and a better beach than the Embassy's. Risk of storms exists but is small enough that it's not worth changing your plans.

Old Aug 15th, 2000, 07:41 PM
Lani

Chris,

There is not the risk of hurricanes in Hawaii that you have in the Caribbean - yes, there have been a couple of bad ones to hit Kauai in the last few years but that was sort of a freak thing! I wouldn't spend any time worrying about them.

And I agree with the above poster - the Kea Lani would be superior in every way to the Kea Lani, including the beach, by far!

Old Aug 16th, 2000, 11:38 AM
Amy

Another vote for Kea Lani. Beautiful rooms with huge bathrooms all marble with seperate shower and huge tub. Room has lots of space. Beach very close with an adults only pool. Beautiful grounds.

Old Aug 16th, 2000, 01:55 PM
alana

I was in Maui in May. I don't know aboutt he hotels you had questions on but I would like to give you this advise, DON'T take a tour to Hana. Please go to Hana but it really is a waste of money if you chose to go on a tour. It's is very easy to drive there and then turn around and make the drive back the same way (avoiding the rough roads). My tour guide didn't even stop or mention some the spots that are famous on the road to Hana. Hope you have a good time!