Reload this Page >

Homewood Suites - Chicago

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 02:27 PM
Jen

Thinking about staying at the Homewood Suites by Hilton on Grand and Wabash. Any comments on location? Is it a decent place?

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 04:52 PM
sister

Jen..don't know much about location, but you can't go wrong with a Homewood Suites..they are one of my favorite hotels.

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 07:46 PM

Jen, we stayed there last April. It is a very nice place. Very clean and the staff was extremely friendly. There is a subway station just a few blocks west, we walked there and took the train to see the Cubs play at Wrigley. The big avenue where everybody goes to shop (sorry, it's late and for the life of me I cannot think of the name) is walking distance also. There was a really good pizza place next door. The lobby of the hotel is on the 6th or 7th floor I think. They had complimentary drinks and heavy snacks (practically a meal) every weeknight and free breakfast also (very good). There is a rooftop pool that we enjoyed each night. Would definitely go again. Saw lots of families there.

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 08:48 AM
Ann

Jen, here's another positive feedback. I stayed there two years ago for a convention and was delighted with the location, service, breakfast, etc. The staff was a pleasure and always helpfull. The only suggestion I'd make is to walk through the lobby of the Marriott to get to Michigan Avenue because it (the Ave.) crosses over Grand and the stairs up to the street are creepy! The free trolley to the Navy Pier stops in front of the hotel in case you're headed that way.

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 08:58 AM
Lexma90

Here's yet another good review. We took our young children with us for a big-city weekend and stayed there. The suite, of course, had plenty of room for the kids to bop around, and the free breakfast was a nice plus. The rooms are well-maintained and clean. The location is excellent, only 2 blocks from Michigan Ave, a couple of blocks north of the river. There's a great coffee place right across the street.

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 12:17 PM
Jen

Wow. Thanks for the feedback. Going to book it right now. Got a rate of $189 for a 1BR suite, so I guess it's a good deal given the location. Thanks again!

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 06:40 PM
k

Jen- Try getting a discounted rate. Try Triple AAA or webrates through the Homewoodsuites.com website. I believe they also offer Entertainment guide rates if you have that book. $189 per night seems a little high....

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 05:44 AM
sister

k--you're absolutely right..I'm showing a 143/night with a AAA membership.

Old Feb 17th, 2002, 06:06 PM
R

How is the pool? Large or small? Does it have a really shallow end, or just start at 3 feet? Warm or cold? Rooftop pool was mentioned, but it is indoor isn't it? Is the hotel close to the Field Museum? Thanks

Old Feb 17th, 2002, 07:57 PM
Lyn

I never got in the pool, just watched my children play, but I believe the whole pool was pretty shallow, maybe 3 to 4 feet. It is indoors. Not huge, but big enough for the kids to enjoy. It is several miles from the Field Museum, we took a taxi there, can't remember for sure but guess about 20 minute ride.