Home from a Broadway Show

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28th, 1999, 04:23 PM
Steve S

Hi folks,

My wife and I are going to be going to a Broadway show next Saturday night and we're staying near the Newark Airport. Are we going to have a problem getting a taxi back to the hotel after the show? If so, any suggestions? How about hiring a car and driver? How much would something like that be? Would a bus run that late and would it be safe? I'd appreciate any suggestions and comments.

Thanks!

Old Sep 30th, 1999, 04:42 AM
Ily

If you are staying at a hotel, you can catch a taxi outside the door, usually. After the show, you can catch a taxi anywhere in town by flagging them down. I think Newark is too far from the theatres on Broadway for a bus, imo.

Old Sep 30th, 1999, 05:13 AM
Lori

I don't think you can take a bus, but you may want to check it out since buses do run from Port Authority to Newark Airport. Checking with your hotel to see if they have any type of shuttle service to midtown. I think a cab might run high since you will have to pay the tolls as well as a surcharge for crossing the state border.

Old Sep 30th, 1999, 11:34 AM
Howard

You have a problem. A cab will probably be too expensive, as I assume a limo would be as well. I would suggest you ask for advice from the hotel at Newark Airport where you are staying.

Old Oct 1st, 1999, 05:23 AM
Teri

Your cab fare will probably be around $50 to Newark.