Reload this Page >

Holiday Inn-Maingate East

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28th, 1999, 10:32 AM
C. Ottesen

Does anyone have any comments on Holiday Inn-Maingate East. My husband & I are planning a trip to DisneyWorld in Oct. Wanted to stay in Coronada Springs on property-it is booked-agent has Holiday Inn-Maingate East. I have doubts. Any comments? Thanks,

Old Jun 28th, 1999, 05:28 PM
Scott

I would have the travel agent do some more searches for you..

Old Jun 28th, 1999, 05:49 PM
kittie

Hi there,
Are you sure you mean Maingate-east? I know of a Holiday Inn Maingate-west. If this is the hotel you are referring to it very nice from the outside. I haven't stayed there, but my brother ate at the restaurant there- I think it is called "Angel's". He thought it was very good. It is about 1/4-1/2 mile from the entrance to WWD.
Please feel free to email me with any more questions.
Kittie

Old Jun 28th, 1999, 08:49 PM
Carla

Kittie,

The brochure says Maingate East, 3 miles from DisneyWorld.

Thanks for your information

Old Jun 29th, 1999, 04:46 AM
Mary

Comparing a Disney resort to a Holiday Inn is like apples and oranges. However, that Holiday Inn is a nice facility, especially since you will be spending most of your time at the parks, and you will save lots of money, too. Hope this helps.

Old Jun 29th, 1999, 06:20 AM
bigthinkers

I'd keep calling WDW Reservations. Call every day if you have to. Rooms open up all the time! I've had to do that a few times, and I've always gotten the Resort I wanted. If your agent wont do it for you, perhaps you can call yourself. I'm sure with persistance you'll get your room!

Old Jun 29th, 1999, 02:42 PM
mustangs81

We stay at the Holiday Inn Maingate frequently when we play ball at the Disney Wide World of Sports complex. It's just another Holiday Inn but it's convenient for us as the park is only 2 miles away. It's probably mid-range on a high/low scale of Holiday Inn lavisness. I don't think I have ever gone to the pool area so I can't help there. If you do stay there, ask for the new wing as the hotel has been around for quite a while and this is the newer section. There are soooo many options in the area, I can't imagine that you will have a problem. We got a $69 room (1 to 4 people) for this weekend at the much newer Doubletree Hotel just a few blocks from the Holiday Inn. Granted, we got coupons out of the coupon magizine at the local McDonald's, but coupon's abound and October isn't a peak time so your agent should be able to do better for you. We do eat at Angel's (their diner-type buffet restaurant) but only because we are feeding 14 teenage ballplayers and this satisfies all of the girl's culinary tastes. It certainly isn't gourmet but a step above Golden Corral. Let me know if I can get any info for you while I'm there, we live in Tampa just 1 hr and 15 mins away and stay in Orlando/Kissimmee area frequently.