Hilton Head or San Diego in August

Old Jul 3rd, 2003, 08:31 PM
Original Poster

Hilton Head or San Diego in August

Third week of August...can go to either the Marriott in San Diego (the one near Seaport Village) or the Westin, Hilton Head. Great deal on either property thru a friend. Which would you do?
Old Jul 4th, 2003, 07:07 AM

San Diego, hands down. You wouldn't even want to venture out of the AC at HH that time of year. Although I do highly recommend HH in Feb or March. It's a lovely island--billboards and street advertisements are not allowed--everything is hidden back in the woods on "plantations". Great food, lots of outlet shopping if you are into that. But go to San Diego and don't miss a day or two at Sea World.
Old Jul 4th, 2003, 07:24 AM

Without a doubt, San Diego. As the previous poster stated, you will melt in HH in August. We made the mistake of trying it one year at that time. Very very hot and very very humid.
Old Jul 4th, 2003, 08:21 AM

yes, i've been to HH in june and also july. found it way too hot. couldn't even go to the beach between 10-3. and the ocean water was so warm it wasn't refreshing. i love san diego, altho we were not crazy about sea world, not even the kids.
Old Jul 4th, 2003, 10:58 PM
Original Poster

Ok, I'm convinced. HH scratched off list for possible August vacation. If we go to San Diego, can either go to Marriott near Seaport Village or the Marriott on Coronado. Just want to relax. Any recommendations as to which one of these to choose?
Old Jul 5th, 2003, 05:37 AM

As allready decided San Diego is the preferred choice. Also take into consideration tropical storms approaching the Carolinas. I know folks who have vacationed there in August and have a lot of rain the entire time. For San Diego I would go with the one in Coronado.