Reload this Page >

Hilton Awards Points

Search

Hilton Awards Points

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29th, 2001, 05:46 PM
Lisa

Hilton Awards Points

I have just read that Hilton has an awards program. Can anyone please give me more information about this program? I travel mostly with my children and a free hotel stay would really help out a lot.

Which companies or chains are Hilton partners? Also, are there ever black out dates when trying to redeem the awards points?

Thanks to all who answer.

Lisa

Old Jul 29th, 2001, 05:51 PM
hal

https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/index.html

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 11:25 AM
anna

Hampton Inns and Embassy Suites and I think Homewood Suites are in the program. Just make sure that wherever you stay they credit your stays to your record. We stayed in 4 different Embassy Suites in Arizona in April and NOT ONE of them was credited to our account. Had to pull out all the receipts and spend a half hour on the phone while some secretary broadly hinted that we were lying and made us read all the numbers off of each receipt to credit them to our account. We promptly cancelled our upcoming reservation at another Embassy Suites and switched to a nearby Best Inn. Other people have posted similar stories about Hilton Honors on this list. Also, don't listen to the guy on the phone who gets you to sign up for the program by promising you the card will get you a discount on your stay at any of their hotels. NOT TRUE.

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 05:06 PM
Sue

Hmmm - sounds like you had a bad experience. I stayed at the Embassy Suites near the University of Arizona and had no trouble with my credits getting posted. I stayed there this past March

Old Jan 15th, 2002, 03:03 PM
Gerry K

The Hilton Honors rep who assisted me over the phone when I tried to get credit for a London stay, made the following comment to me: "It's hard enough getting credit for US stays; the European stays are impossible."

Old Jan 15th, 2002, 06:22 PM
joann

I currently have about 135,000 points on my Hilton account, and have excellent luck with points showing up.
1. When you book the reservation, make sure you give them the frequent stay # (just get the form at one of the hotels, or you can probably sign up on line.)
2. A couple of days later, call the 800 #, reconfirm the reservation, then ask if they show your frequent stay #.
3. At check-in, ask "do you show my frequent guest #?" They'll say yes - and it should show up.
Most of my points come from Hiltons or Embassy Suites (business travel, some personal.) I have indeed had problems with Hampton Inns, but they cost is usually so minimal, the points wouldn't amount to much, so I normally haven't pushed it.
I have heard great stories from friends about staying with the points at nice spots w/Hilton - I know I'll be doing it within the next year or so!
As noted already, just check the website and see all of the member hotel chains.

Old Jan 15th, 2002, 06:45 PM
xxx

I once had a problem with my points not showing up on my statement. I called the Hilton Honors number and they asked me to fax a copy of my receipt showing the folio #. I did and they credited my account right away. It wasn't a difficult procedure (in my case anyway)Also be sure to give them your frequesnt flier airmiles number cause they give you like 500 miles to that account also!