Search this Thread

Old Oct 30th, 2000, 11:43 AM
Kat

HI--where to add one more day?

My future husband and I have decided on the following itinerary:

Wailea, Maui: 3 nights
Kona, The Big Island: 4 nights
Volcano Village, The Big Island: 2 nights

We think we can afford one more vacation day (maybe even two). We'd like to extend our stay either in Wailea or Kona a bit. Where do you reccommend extending our stay, and why?

Thanks,

Kat

Old Oct 30th, 2000, 11:49 AM
kat

I just wanted to add that this will be our honeymoon trip, and that we want to have good food & drink, but aren't that interested in "night life." We want to capture the fantasy of a Hawaii honeymoon.

Old Oct 30th, 2000, 11:56 AM
Steve

Kat

I would add a day in Maui. If it is your first time there three days is pretty short. There is probably more to do there than any other island. I think four days is fine for Kona and two days probably enough for the Volcano. If you have two days to add I would add both to Maui. I like the Big Island but I think Maui fits the fantasy of the Hawaiian honeymoon a little better.

Old Oct 30th, 2000, 12:18 PM
lisa

I agree that only 3 days on Maui is not much time! We were there for 5 days and would have liked 6 or 7 better. I would definitely add another day on Maui since you're already spending 6 on the Big Island.

Old Oct 30th, 2000, 03:47 PM
Jan

Hi Kat

Definetly Maui.. We just returned from Maui Friday, and would have loved 1 or 2 more days. We were there 6 days.. Wailea is BEAUTIFUL!!! Go for it!! Or you'll wish you did like us.
Jan