Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Hey, Have You Happened to See the Most Beautiful Girl in the World?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6th, 2001, 08:12 AM
Charlie

All right, men. Let's boast.

Old Jun 6th, 2001, 08:27 AM
Al Godon

I am still married to her.

Old Jun 6th, 2001, 08:30 AM
Derek

I am, too. The best gal in the world. And a wonderful mama, many times over.

Old Jun 6th, 2001, 08:33 AM
girrls

Are you only inviting men to comment on women? I don't want to butt in if this is only available to men.

Old Jun 6th, 2001, 08:46 AM
Charlie

Gals are of course invited to comment. You're the reason for the topic, sweetheart.

Old Jun 6th, 2001, 09:42 AM
Gina

Derek must be over 65, because those are the only people I've ever heard use the word "gal."

Old Jun 6th, 2001, 09:51 AM
L

Gee, this is interesting ... my momma is better looking that your momma ... my wife is better than your wife ... and others are accused of stupid posts. What a laughable mess this one is starting out to be. I think there's some gender impairment at work here. On behalf of all the guys who think this is a dumb thread, I'd like to say ... ciao.

Old Jun 6th, 2001, 12:02 PM
Cindy

The most beautiful girls in the world? That's easy. My daughters.

Old Jun 13th, 2001, 08:19 PM
Rebecca

What the heck does this have to do with travel??? As far as saying my wife, or daughters...we don't know them and can't agree. Why not put famous people if you must? I would have to say Carmen Electra, or Catherine Zeta-Jones.

Old Jun 13th, 2001, 09:22 PM
xxx

I think you guys are sweet! It is nice to hear some good !But if others are going to complain ,then where is it, they would want to travel, that you may take them???
how far will that beauty take them??

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 04:16 AM
Derek

My one-month pregnant wife had a beautiful green dress on her last night as she went to a Catholic homeschool conference (I got to babysit the 3 kids) Contrasted with her reddish Auburn hair, she was just stunning to my eyes last night. I'm a lucky guy.

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 06:53 AM
eeeeck

Derek,

Fathers can not babysit their own kids. Just like your beautiful wife does not babysit them while you are at work. You both are a vital part of their lives. Don't relegate yourself to the minor role of babysitter.

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 06:56 AM
Mom

Aw, gee. Let's not give Derek a hard time. Anyone who takes care of a child who is not their primary caretaker could be viewed as babysitting them. I am a stay at home mom, and I could imagining using the term babysitting to describe my husband's efforts to care for them in my absence. Derek sounds like a good guy who loves his wife, so he's OK in my book.

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 06:57 AM
Miss Piggy

Of course, it is MOI!!!!!!

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 07:12 AM
eeeek

Mom, I'm not giving Derek a hard time. It's high time moms and dads stop referring to fathers as babysitters. Referring to your childs own father as a babysitter is unfair. Regardless of who stays with the child longer, neither parent is a babysitter.

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 07:15 AM
Mambo King

Hey, what's this clutter, this is supposed to be a US travel forum.

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 07:21 AM
Derek

Thanks for the defense, Mom. Yes, my choice of words could have been a little more apt regarding the term "babysit". As my wife was enjoying her opportunity to talk with adults last night at her conference and came home past the children's bedtime, I put all three tykes to bed. When the wife got home, we even enjoyed a little private time together before bed. I push the kids for a minimum of 30 minutes every weekend, summer or winter. I am gladly a hands-on papa. No man could be happier than I am with my beautiful kids and wonderful wife.