Reload this Page >

Help with restaurants in Newport,RI

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9th, 1998, 03:06 PM
R Branum

I am looking for some recommendtions for restaurants in Newport Rhode Island. Would like a moderately priced place with some fun atmosphere. Does anyone have any suggestions.Thanks

Old Aug 10th, 1998, 07:52 PM
Paul

Moderate: The Arc and Christie's are downtown in an area that jumps. Christie's has live music on the deck, although not for the younger set exactly.

A bit more: Clark Cook House is nice and in a great area with a lot going on. Even if you don'y eat in that area, walk down and check out the shops and the outdoor bar at the end of the dock.

Newport rules! The beaches, Ocean Drive, the Cliff Walk are all great! I'm a born-and-raised Newporter who has to live in the midwest. Have fun!

Old Aug 10th, 1998, 07:55 PM
Paul

I forgot to mention, the free activities weekly paper "Newport This Week" is on'line at:

www.newportthisweek.com

Old Aug 10th, 1998, 07:57 PM
Paul

Moderate: The Arc and Christie's are downtown in an area that jumps. Christie's has live music on the deck, although not for the younger set exactly.

A bit more: Clark Cook House is nice and in a great area with a lot going on. Even if you don'y eat in that area, walk down and check out the shops and the outdoor bar at the end of the dock.

Newport rules! The beaches, Ocean Drive, the Cliff Walk are all great! I'm a born-and-raised Newporter who has to live in the midwest. Have fun!

Old Aug 10th, 1998, 08:09 PM
Dennis

While I can't remember any particular restaurants in Newport, I do highly recommend the Union Station Brewery in Providence. I was there exactly a year ago and the food was great and the beer was even better! Order their sampler and get a small glass of six different home brews. And, if you're into touring historic homes, check out the 11 properties listed at http://www.newportmansions.org.

Old Aug 10th, 1998, 11:07 PM
Debbie C

I love Newport R.I. Such a charming, romantic seaport. One of my favorite restaurants is Scales and Shells. It is a bustling Seafood restaurant with a large open gourmet kitchen so you watch all the chefs at work. The food is great, the ambience fun and exciting. Very contemporary, yet nautical decor.

Bon Appetit!