Reload this Page >

help with mapquesting LV to Zion

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 01:26 PM
Clarisse

Hi sweeties...I am driving from Las Vegas to Bumbleberry Inn in Springdale (I'm spending 4 days in Zion, yeah!!)but I can't seem to get driving directions by mapquest because they can't accept the address of the inn. I am from NY and don't really drive at all or often and I am embarrassed to admit it but I am silly when it comes to following driving directions. My roommie I am travelling with doesn't even drive. Can someone please help? Thanks!!

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 10:58 PM
Utahtea

Clarisse,

Don't worry. Bumbleberry Inn in Springdale is right on Hwy 9 which is the Highway you will be coming in on.

Take Interstate 15 to just a little past St. George, Utah. There will be signs for Hwy 9 and Zion National Park. Just stay on Hwy 9.

This is a link to the Zion Shuttle system that runs inside and outside Zion National park. If you click on the map for a larger view you will see Bumbleberry Restaurant which is also the Bumbleberry Inn.

http://www.utahtravelcenter.com/cities/majordestinations/springdale/zion_shuttle.htm

Once you get to Bumbleberry Inn you can park your car and just take the shuttle system for almost all the time you are at Zion.

You will want to drive out through the Zion tunnel to the east enterance at least once, because the checkerboard mesa and the views are fantastic.

Utahtea

Old Jul 26th, 2002, 02:58 AM
rqf

Get off I-15 at exit 16 and take rt. 9 right into Springdale. As indicated in another reply the Inn is right on rt. 9, right side of the road, The address is 97 Bumbleberry Lane.

Old Jul 26th, 2002, 05:10 AM
Clarisse

You guys are just awesoooome and I can't thank you enough. THANKS!!!

Old Jul 26th, 2002, 06:25 AM
rqfg

THe Park Service may offer a ranger guided tour of the CHeckerboard Mesa. It is an interesting tour with emphasis on the environment. Check at the Visitor's CEnter to sign up, if offered.