Reload this Page >

Help with driving times!

Search

Help with driving times!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 07:50 AM
Lorraine

Help with driving times!

I am traveling to Phoenix on business and will be extending my stay to sightsee. Please advise driving times to Sedona, the Grand Canyon and Las Vegas from Phoenix.
This will help in deciding how long to stay and which to choose.

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 08:03 AM
Suzy

Try www.mapquest.com They sometimes mess up on details, but they will give good estimates for these long distances.

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 09:10 AM
Denise

My favorite is www.freetrip.com They seems to be very ontarget with the driving times. In my experience some of the others overestimate how long it takes.

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 09:26 AM
Suzy

LOL, my experience with Mapquest is that they UNDERestimate travel times; I suspect that they use speed limits, which can lead to over-optimism during rush hours, on city streets, etc. Perhaps Lorraine woudl be best advised to use these sites to figure out the highway miles, then do the math based on her own highway driving style!

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 12:34 PM
Denise

Yeah Suzy, I tend to drive with the force and take quick restroom stops (dogs pee on command). I've found that I make up the time I've stopped with my speed so freetrip is right on target for me.

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 01:41 PM
kam

Just did this last month. Phoenix airport to Sedona 2 hours on a Thursday at 10 am. Sedona to the GC 2 1/2 hours via Flagstaff on a Friday about noon. Sorry, didn't go to Las Vegas---we hate that place!

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 03:17 PM
kkj

Las Vegas is 6 hours from Phoenix.

Expedia gives good driving times and should help you route your trip.

Also check the Arizona listings in this forum as they have covered your question many times.