Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

hELP WITH ACCOMODATIONS... in Portsmouth, Portland and Camden....

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28th, 2001, 01:53 PM
Mart

We are planning to go to Portsmouth for 2 nights, then Portland, 2 nights and then
Camden... We would like if possible Water
Views, and Nice Rooms and Ambiance....
Thanks.....for your Help...

Old Dec 29th, 2001, 05:37 AM
ellie

The Inn by the Sea in Cape Elizabeth, ME is just south of downtown Portland and is in a spectacular location with ocean views and easy beach access - I suggest you take a look at their website.

Old Dec 29th, 2001, 05:57 AM
Beth2

The Black Point Inn in Scarborough is really wonderful. This is just outside Portland, and I highly recommend it.
There is not too much in Portsmouth to fit your bill; the Sheraton and tiny b&b are about it. You may want to consider staying across the border in York, Maine: something like the Stageneck or York Harbor Inn. Then you could spend a day exploring Ogunquit and it's Cliff Walk and Perkins Cove, too!
In Camden, I've only stayed at the Country Inn on Rt.1 for it's good value, but no water views or "ambience" there! I've heard good things about the Inn at Sunrise Point and the Hawthorne Inn, and Dark Harbour House (sounds scary!), and I believe they fill your requirements.
Good Luck!

Old Dec 29th, 2001, 01:08 PM
Marta

Thank you for the suggestions,,,,,
I will look into them.....
Marta

Old Jan 1st, 2002, 10:45 AM
michelle/nyc

stayed at the Inn at Sunrise Point ... less than five minutes north of the crowded, yet charming town of Camden. it was very peaceful... I loved that you could hear the sound of the waves (which were no more than 50 yards from our window). years ago, I stayed at Norumbega in Camden... also very nice and upscale. have fun. you will love Portland... we stayed at the Eastland Park... rooms were recently renovated, but the rest of the hotel still needs a facelift.