Help with 40th b-day celebration

Jun 18th, 2001, 02:43 PM
jfh

Help with 40th b-day celebration

I was thinking about taking my husband away for the weekend of his birthday to celebrate his 40th? Any ideas for fun, romantic locations?

Jun 18th, 2001, 05:08 PM
xx

Where do you live, what is your budget, what are his intersts, likes and dislikes? What does "fun" means to you and him?

Jun 18th, 2001, 05:34 PM
xxx

Search for the post on Hedonism. HA!

Jun 18th, 2001, 05:43 PM
JohnD

Here's what you do:

You invite all the couples he knows for a surprise birthday party someplace. But the rule is that each couple he knows has to bring another couple with them that does not know your husband. You put all the strangers in the main room to yell"surprise!" when he walks in. You put the people he knows out of sight in another room.

The expression on his face will be priceless. He gets all these people yelling happy birthday as he searches the crowd for a familar face. That is when you tell him that you had to hire the group as you were unable to get a crowd. Say it was the best you could do......then bring in the people he knows.

A friend of mine did that to a buddy on his 50th. They still laugh about it and all the strangers made new friends that night.

Other than that, hard to recommend a place to go if I don't know where you live. Vegas ain't exciting to someone living in town.

Jun 18th, 2001, 06:27 PM
Augie

Search threads on Wisconsin Dells. I've read from others it will be a trip he will never forget.

Jun 18th, 2001, 07:39 PM
Eric

I just got back from my 40th birthday weekend in Las Vegas. My wife and I stayed at Mandalay Bay. It was fun. We rode the roller coaster at NY. NY.. Watched the dancing waters at Bellagio after a romantic dinner. Saw the shark reef at Mandalay, the dolphins and tigers at the Mirage, saw the pirate invasion at Treasure Island, saw the volcano at Mirage, took the gondolas at Venitian after we had a lunch at a little mexican restaurant on the terrace overloking the gondolas. We spent many hours at the beach at Mandalay Bay, lazy river and pools(great tropical drinks, but a little pricey). We were able to see David Sanborn at the House of Blues, dine at Wolfgang Puck's italian eatery at Mandalay, had a Brazilian bar-b-que(grilled meats)dinner at RumJungle and it is one of the most popular dance spots after 11:00 p.m.(go later and eat and you can save the $20.00 cover charge), went to Mystere at Treasure Island(an avant garde circus) and generally had the time of our life. Gambled a little, but would rather spend money on the experiences Las Vegas offers. Since we didn't know anyone we could make it as romantic as we wanted. Had a large room with nice ammenities, but spent little time there.
Some of the dinners were quite large, I suggest an appetizer and spliting of a dinner, then dessert. Southwest(I know it is a cattle call) Airlines has reasonable fares and got a good package deal. It was the best birthday I could have asked for, but you have to like the nightlife, entertainment and atmosphere Las Vegas has. Any questions just post.

Jun 19th, 2001, 07:24 AM
garyt

I second the vote for Vegas...you can go crazy or romantic...eat anything you want...see shows or stay in...health spas, golf, or tour the area...Do it, you won't be sorry.

Search this Thread