Reload this Page >

Help us choose a hotel in Maui!!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 06:01 AM
sun

We have a choice between 4 hotels to choose from in Maui. A good beach is very important to us as well as staying at a very nice resort. Here are the choices in no particular order. I'd love to hear some opinions from those who have stayed at any of these:
Kae Lani
Embassy Suites - free breakfast buffet
Hyatt
Renaissance

The Embassy Suites is $500 cheaper than the Kae Lani & the Hyatt. It's about the same as the Renaissance. Should we stay at the Embassy? It looks like a beautiful place with a great beach. Would we be disappointed for not staying at one of the others? Your info is greatly appreciated.

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 08:18 AM
sun

Anyone have any suggestions here? Thanks.

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 06:34 PM
Paula

Sorry, never stayed at any of the Resorts but stayed next to the Embassy and the Hyatt. From the look of the property I would stay at the Hyatt In A New York Minute!!!! We went to a Luau at the Hyatt and the lobby area was beautiful, beach was large and the artwork around the lobby and outside must have cost millions!!. If I ever get any extra money, I

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 06:58 PM
Kea Lanie

Kea Lanie is to die for absolutely. I stayed there and had a 1 bedroom suite. Ceiling fans in LV and Bedroom. 2 closets in the bedroom (large), and a HUGE bathroom that you will not believe, with 2 sinks and a mirror runniing the length of the wall, a seperate bathtub you could drown in, and a shower that was unlike any I have ever seen, built with no door at all.

A kitchen area with coffee maker, refigerator, and microwave, dishes, silverware, 2 sliding glass doors, one off the LV area, the other off the bedroom, walk out onto the balcony and had a partial oceanview, as we were to one side of the property, facing the pools. Gorgeous view none the less as the grounds were meticulous.

There is a soveinger shop, grocery store and video rental store on property, there was a stereo with cd/tape drive, nintendo, vcr and 35" screen tv in LV, 19" in bedroom.

Absolutely get my 100% plus vote.

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 07:52 PM
ready

I've stayed at the Embassy several times, the beach is probably the worst of the resorts you mentioned. The rooms are spacious but a bit tired and not luxurious. The ocean from the beach is very rocky and with plant life, we boogieboarded and had a great time but general swimming is not great there.

How many times will you get to HI? I'd spend the extra and stay at the Kea Lani, it gets great reviews, the rooms are nicer, beach and pools and service better, the weather nicer, go go go! (I've seen rooms at both the KL and Hyatt and KL seemed more spacious and nicer).

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 08:08 PM
delores

We too were grappling with whether to stay at the Embassy or the Hyatt, and we decided on Hyatt because the beach is not good in front of Embassy.
Hyatt is in a more convenient location to Lahaina, but the Kea Lani is all the way in Wailea area. Love the Hyatt. Going back for the 2nd time. maui.hyatt.com

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 05:57 AM
sun

Thanks everyone for your responses. I appreciate it. We have decided to stay at the Kae Lani. I've heard so many great things about it and it looks incredible from the pictures I've seen.

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 06:32 PM
Sue

We stayed a week at the Kea Lani! I almost did not come back to the kids, the dog, the house, etc. The snorkeling at the beach was wonderful, the bathroom in the suite was fabulous, the grounds were beatific..the whole thing was beyond belief! There is a path to run along, a shopping center within walking distance with great shopping, 2 huge gorgeous pools, helpful staff, golf course across the street. Oh great...now I'm depressed that I'm not there!

Old Feb 24th, 2002, 02:18 PM
ready

I've stayed at the Embassy several times, the beach is probably the worst of the resorts you mentioned. The rooms are spacious but a bit tired and not luxurious. The ocean from the beach is very rocky and with plant life, we boogieboarded and had a great time but general swimming is not great there.

How many times will you get to HI? I'd spend the extra and stay at the Kea Lani, it gets great reviews, the rooms are nicer, beach and pools and service better, the weather nicer, go go go! (I've seen rooms at both the KL and Hyatt and KL seemed more spacious and nicer).

Old Feb 24th, 2002, 03:44 PM
Lisa

We've been to Maui twice and stayed at the Embassy Suites once. The rooms are huge especially the bathroom which is probably the same size as the bedroom. Even though they are huge, they are not necessarily luxury. The breakfast buffet is a good deal. We're weren't always hungry to eat so much breakfast food. The beach is small and the pool area was always crowded. We had to go down early in the morning to make sure that we got a lawn chair for the day.
But it was fun regardless.