Help! Royal Carribbean Cruise or Key West?

Oct 8th, 2002, 05:44 AM
coolcruiser

Help! Royal Carribbean Cruise or Key West?

My husband and I are in desperate need of a serious vacation for 2003. I know what I want (Beautiful Room w/Balcony Oceanview) and to be able to eat out on the balcony facing the ocean. We have been on a cruise and we have been to Miami but we have never been to Key West. Our cruise (for a balcony stateroom) will be $1500 total price for 3 day cruise. for 3 full days in Key West which one will I come out cheaper on?

Oct 8th, 2002, 05:48 AM
xxx

Depends on where you stay and time of year. Why not do a cruise that goes to Key West?

Oct 8th, 2002, 06:01 AM
xxx

Depends on what time of year you are thinking of to travel. Also from where you are traveling from. If it were me I would pick the cruise, forget about the ocean front balcony and stretch it for a week. If that is possible.

Oct 8th, 2002, 06:08 AM
coolcruiser

We live in GA and would travel in either Aug or Oct.

Oct 8th, 2002, 09:25 AM
susan

I wouldn't consider going to Key West in August...it's real hot and humid. Both August and October fall within hurricane season but by the end of October it should be pretty safe.

Nov 3rd, 2002, 05:21 PM
Janet

My family took a Royal Caribbean cruise August 2002 and it included the Key West port. It was very hot and humid but tolerable. Since it is low season it may be possible for you to get a very inexpensive cabin upgrade. We checked at the port as we boarded and for $300.00 U.S. we got upgraded to a balcony stateroom.

Nov 4th, 2002, 06:54 AM
SA

Skip the cruise & stay in Key West or drive out the Keys. Key West will also be cheaper unless you go 'all out'.

Nov 4th, 2002, 08:08 AM
x

A cruise includes all meals, a trip to Key West does not. Take the cruise.

Nov 4th, 2002, 08:25 AM
WhyKey West?

Key West is not the place you want to go. Snobby people, substandard food, and the beach ain't that great.

Nov 4th, 2002, 08:45 AM
Ruth

If you want to eat out on a balcony on the cruise, make sure the ship has that option and/or serves room service so that you can use your stateroom balcony. I went to Key West for the second time in mid-October. Had a couple very good meals and did not find anyone snobby at all.

Nov 4th, 2002, 12:00 PM
Max

Another vote for Key West. It is a great place to lay back and relax and enjoy.

Nov 4th, 2002, 03:19 PM

I agree with Why Key West. Don't go to Key West. Its nothing but a dirty place & a bunch of drunks. All the restaurants take your money and the same goes for the shopping. Cheap stuff. All the cruise ships goes there wll-to-wall-people. Some trying to take your money. Don't go!

Nov 4th, 2002, 07:57 PM
donna

I would be afraid to book a cruise during hurricane season. Loved Key West-historical old FL and ate well. Agree that the beaches are not good, but everything else was great. Hope to go back soon.

Nov 5th, 2002, 05:10 AM
Possibly

I think this post is a troll trying to stir up stuff but in case it is not I would have to vote for Key West. I strongly disagree with "reply" as to how dirty Key West is. It is a beautiful island full of all kinds of beautiful architecture. There might be one or two homeless around but what town that has gorgeous weather year round doesn't have them?

Nov 5th, 2002, 05:32 AM
SA

Again, we have anti- Key Westers who apparently have never been there. There are some excellent restaurants in Key West as well a vibrant nightlife w/a lot varied art as well. Stay on Simonton which is w/in walking distance of everything but off of Duval. If you would like specifics, let me know, if you are a troll, save it.

Nov 5th, 2002, 06:10 AM
Why Key West?

I have been to Key West twice and both times the people were rude. If your economy depends on tourism, you probably shouldn't hate tourists. And what nightlife? Fat Tuesday's and Margaritaville?

Nov 5th, 2002, 06:27 AM
x

Obviously the same person who has no clue about Key West but feels he/she is an expert. Honey maybe its your atitude.

Nov 5th, 2002, 06:27 AM
yep

Yep, I agree, its a troll.

Nov 5th, 2002, 06:53 AM
Why Key West?

You are right. It must be my attitude. When I start to walk into a store and the clerk tells me to not bother walking in unless I'm going to buy something, that's rude.

I was just trying to offer some friendly advice. If you have never been to Key West, I would not suggest choosing Key West over a cruise. That is all I am saying!

Nov 5th, 2002, 07:14 AM
LMAO

I guess he/she doesn't get it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy -

FODOR'S VIDEO