Search

Help Please!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1st, 2001, 01:54 PM
Chris

Help Please!

I will be traveling to Medford Oregon July 2001. Driving down to San Diego.

I need lots of help! I want to stop in Napa, Sonoma, San Fran, LA and San Diego. Need info on budget hotels and what is the best attractions.

Old Jan 6th, 2001, 06:31 PM
Kay

I assume you will be traveling down I-5, the quickest and most scenic route is to turn off I-5 at Williams and head for Clearlake. Then toward Calistoga, you can travel down the Napa Valley to Napa and then toward San Francisco thru Marin and over the Golden Gate bridge.
However, July is a very busy month in the valley (also Sonoma) and I am not well informed on budget motels (if there are any??)Napa Valley web site would be a good resource. Or maybe some posters have ideas-- Good Luck

Old Jan 6th, 2001, 06:36 PM
gail

Will you be staying in Sonoma County or the town of Sonoma?

Old Jan 8th, 2001, 06:56 PM
arjay

You'll likely get a lot more responses if you post with a more descriptive title -- i.e., West Coast Road Trip...or similar.

Good luck! Whatever you do, be sure to make time for the Redwood forest in northern California. Magical.

Chancellor Hotel in San Francisco is an older, smaller, well-kept hotel on Union Square. They often offer rates in the $100 area, (which is budget, or close-to for SF). And the location puts you in the middle of everything. And if you can fine-tune your schedule enough, don't forget to try Priceline for some lodging...we've done very well with them for accommodations in the Chicago area.

Old Jan 8th, 2001, 07:45 PM
arjay

Just remembered: There's a site that can be very handy if you're travelling the interstates...

www.lodgingdiscounts.com

Just plug in the route you'll be on, and you'll get a slew of discount coupons -- for the typical chains -- Days Inn, etc...that you can print out and use.