Help needed at LA airport please!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17th, 2001, 06:20 AM
Cindy

Just wondered if someone can help me!

My niece will be travelling to LA in a couple of weeks. She's never travelled before and is a little nervous about locating things etc. I wanted to make try to make it easier for her by getting some information ahead of time.

She'll be staying at the Best Western Santa Fe Springs hotel and she needs to get the shuttle at the airport. Can some kind person please tell me (if possible) what she does to get to the shuttle after she lands? Is the shuttle station on the same floor as the arrivals? Can you give me a reference point so that I can point her in the right direction? I know it sounds a little strange but I wanted to give her as many specific details as possible so that she'd be less nervous when she gets off that plane! It can be really overwhelming when you're alone and don't know your way around and might be afraid to ask!

thanks so much for any help!

Old Apr 17th, 2001, 08:01 AM
Emily

First have her double-check with the hotel that they DO have a shuttle service. If they do, there is a bank of courtesy phones under a lit-up display of area hotels in the baggage claim area. Once she picks up her luggage, she just goes to the display, finds her hotel, dials the listed code and tells the hotel operator that she needs a shuttle. The operator will ask her which airline she came in on and then direct her to the pick-up area, which is generally on the sidewalk right outside the baggage claim area (same floor).

Of course, if they don't have a free shuttle service to her hotel, she'll have to take a commercial shuttle. By the way, I'm assuming that she's arriving at LAX. Is that correct?

Old Apr 17th, 2001, 10:52 AM
Cindy

Thanks EMily for your reply. Yes..I believe it is LAX. I'll ask her about the hotel shuttle but just in case they don't have a shuttle from that hotel..where are the commercial shuttles located?

Thanks again!

Old Apr 17th, 2001, 11:46 AM
xxx

While I only use LAX for my international flights, the shuttle buses stations are typically located just outside of the doors near baggage claim. She can ask any of the airport employees around there for help.

Old Apr 17th, 2001, 11:49 AM
Doug

How old is your niece? I'm sure she can ask people for help when she arrives at the airport. Let's face it, LAX employees are used to dealing with travelers from all over the world, so I'm sure they can assist an English speaking woman to find a shuttle.
She should be aware that Santa Fe Springs is not all that close to LAX, so she should expect to pay a higher price for shuttle service.