Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Help Need to make a decision quick. The Carmel Tradewinds Inn or Lobos Lodge in Carmel CA.

Search

Help Need to make a decision quick. The Carmel Tradewinds Inn or Lobos Lodge in Carmel CA.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14th, 2001, 09:39 AM
Penny

We are going to Carmel in October and the only 2 places we can find for the nights we need are the Lobos Lodge and Tradewinds Inn. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciate. We have to make the reservations soon.

Thanks for your help.

Old Aug 14th, 2001, 10:01 AM
kam

Can tell you that Lobos Lodge is right on Ocean Ave, the main street in Carmel. It looks nice enough but we've never stayed there. Most any hotel in Carmel will be fairly nice. It's a very upscale place. Sorry, don't know the Tradewinds. We're going down this weekend. If we see it, I'll try to post again.

Old Aug 14th, 2001, 10:16 AM
Ted

I stayed at Los Lobos a couple of years ago and saw it again a few months ago. It's very nice -- the "room" I stayed in was more like an apartment -- separate bedroom. The location is also perfect -- at the west end of the main drag, near the ocean and close to everything.

Don't know the other hotel you mentioned.

Old Aug 14th, 2001, 10:22 AM
seamus

www.carmeltradewindsinn.com Looks nice but Ocean Ave. is a better location.

Old Aug 14th, 2001, 10:25 AM
penny

Thank you both for your input. Looks like i'll take Lobos.

Ted they said it would be king patio room facing Ocean -- is that a good spot?

Thanks again.