Reload this Page >

Help, need a getaway!

Search

Help, need a getaway!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 11:12 AM
Chrissy

Help, need a getaway!

Hi, My boyfriend and I are looking for a good 3 day getaway in May. We live in Chicago and are looking for a relaxing getaway. We are mid twenties in age. Thinking maybe Florida?? Help!

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 11:30 AM
sandy

Boston is awesome in May!

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 11:31 AM
xxx

Las Vegas!

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 11:51 AM
Beth Knobe Honeymooners Forever

I think South Beach in Florida is the place to be!!! Beaches and Nightlife...If I can help further email me and I will be happy to get you a package there.....
Thanks
Beth Knobe
Honeymooners Forever

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 11:52 AM
Sal

Maybe not "relaxing" but New Orleans is a great place for 2 20somethings.

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 12:04 PM
Stephanie P.

Go to South Florida, the rates get cheaper once you hit May. The temps last May at Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, FL were 92 average.

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 12:05 PM
M-L

I agree on New Orleans. Southwest has several flights with only one stop for good prices. Log onto their website every Tuesday for updated internet specials. I think this weeks rate from Chicago to N.O is around $200 r/t.

I've managed to visit N.O. twice a year for the past three years and it's my favorite place to be. I was in your city this past October and enjoyed myself so much that I'm taking my husband with me at the end of July!

Should you decide on N.O., e-mail me and I can recommend a great place to stay.

Should you decide on Florida, my vote is for the Destin/Ft.Walton area.

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 12:46 PM
Pat

Chrissy: If you only have 3 days, make sure your destination is a non-stop flight from Chicago. Destin and Ft. Walton are NOT - takes most of one day just to get there.

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 03:26 PM
gina

One more vote for South Beach - I took my family on a last minute vacation there last February (parents and two twenty-something daughters) and we loved it. Three days was enough time, non-stop flights from Chicago, cheap rooms, good food, great people-watching...the only bummer was paying for beach chairs at the beach.

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 06:07 PM
Susan

Chrissy, The Ft. Lauderdale area is great in May! Temps are perfect...usually mid to high 80's, often 90's! We always visit in May but make sure you find a place that has the kind of pool where you will want to spend the better part of your day b/c in May sea lice are a major problem in the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area. B/c of the sea lice you cannot go in the ocean. Typically, sea lice are prevalent from Mother's Day to Father's Day but can be a problem form April to August so check b/f you go in the water. You may want to consider the West coast of Florida maybe Sanibel/Captiva; St. Pete Beach/Clearwater; Naples/Marco Island; Sarasota/Longboat Key. All beautiful & no sea lice (but they sometimes get Red Tide! Hey! Nothing in life is perfect!!!)

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 06:26 PM
John

Flight time to San Francisco is only an hour longer then Florida. 2 nights in the city, one in the wine country?