La Spiaggia
Spartina Grill
Sunset Grill
Juleps
CQ's

Which would you choose and why? Thanks.

Old Apr 23rd, 2001, 06:04 PM
mike

julep's, julep's, julep's. it was the best meal we had in hilton head.a little pricey, but not in hilton head. very good food and very good service [ the fresh seafood was the best on the island.

Old Apr 23rd, 2001, 06:16 PM
G

If you get a chance to drive over to Savannah, don't leave w/out going to The Crab Shack at Tybee Island. Not fancy and off the beaten track, but worth the trip. The best steamed seafood you will ever eat.

Old Apr 23rd, 2001, 07:25 PM
Michael

Brian - We were in Hilton Head last May and will be returning again next month. We share a townhouse with some friends and each couple got a night out on the town while the other couple babysat. We picked Spartina Grill and loved it. Our friends picked Sunset Grill based on a recommendation from some friends and they raved about it. This year we may just swap restaurants. From our experiences you can't go wrong with either. I have also heard good things about Juleps as well.

Old Apr 24th, 2001, 10:57 AM
Brian in Atlanta

Thanks for the advice guys. Looks like we'll definitely try to book Julep's and maybe Spartina Grill if I can convince my wife to drive 2 nights in a row.

And G, we're planning our annual trip to Tybee for August, so we'll stop by the Crab Shack then

Thanks again.

Old Apr 30th, 2001, 01:17 PM
Brian in Atlanta

Wanted to report back that we had a very good meal at Julep's. Cozy place, good service, good wine list, good food. Prices were lower than other similar-caliber restaurants with the exception of the $26 special I ordered (without knowing what it cost).

The next night we went more casual and tried "It's Greek to Me" on New Orleans Rd. Huge, fresh portions of very good Greek standards, very friendly service and very low prices. With a bottle of wine and deserts, we got out of there for about $65 all-in.

Stopped for a drink at Napa, an upscale steak place (also on New Orleans). A beautiful restaurant with a great bar, it's somewhat pricy but I'd definitly give it a try if I were in the mood for a good piece of beef and a nice cab.

Thursday night we went to an old casual standby, Just Pasta, in Coligny Circle Plaza. Good pasta, good fresh baked bread, well-priced wines, friendly people. We got out of there for about $50.

Thanks again for the help.