Reload this Page >

Help in finding state for move...

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26th, 2000, 04:41 AM
Cara

I'm thinking of leaving Florida. For health reasons, I have to find a place where there is very low to no humidity and no snow.

any recommendations please?

Old Oct 26th, 2000, 05:04 AM
Howard

Cara -

I think your requirements for low humdidity/no snow leave out everthing except parts of the southwest. The Tucson area is nice. I think however, my first choice would be Palm Springs in So. Cal.

If you are willing to relocate out of the US, there are places in the interior of Mexico that fit the bill. One place in particular is San Miguel de Allende, a place with real Mexican culture but also with a fairly large community of peopel from the US.

Howard

Old Oct 26th, 2000, 04:20 PM
Cara

Howard, thank you. I have heard a lot about Arizona and didn't know if it made a difference, Phoenix, Tuscon, etc; I'd certainly give it a thought. I meant to say I'd like to stay in the US, but the tip on Mexico is also great and I thank you again.

Old Oct 26th, 2000, 04:33 PM
Pen

There is a place in Arizona. Can't think of it SEDONA...or SEDONIA..lots of New Age stuff. don't know if you are into it but it's a peaceful place. Since you aren't looking for "big city" - you just might like it.

Old Oct 27th, 2000, 04:25 AM
Gigi

New Mexico isn't bad..Albuquerque maybe? Ask for travel books. Check it out during the SUMMER before you move to be sure you can HANDLE that kind of heat. I understand the heat is unbearable in Florida due to humidity, but once your body acclimates to the heat in Arizona, THAT might be too unbearable. Good luck.