HELP! -Hyatt, Renaissance or Marriot?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8th, 2001, 12:24 PM
Kate

Help!
Which of these- Hyatt, Renaissance Wailea or Marriott has the best rooms, beach and overall value in Maui?
Thanks!

Old Jun 8th, 2001, 12:48 PM
kwl

We had a wonderful (and fairly large) room at the Rennaisance. We had a garden view for $195/night with the Entertainment Card. Can't comment the other 2.

Old Jun 8th, 2001, 12:49 PM
kwl

Forgot to tell you, too, that the Rennaissance is on the sunny side (Wailea) with a wonderful beach. And, you can snorkel right off the beach; you don't have to travel anywhere.

Old Jun 8th, 2001, 02:44 PM
Lani

Well, the Renaissance is in Wailea so, to my mind, that makes it better already, as I prefer that area to Kaanapali Beach. It's a wonderful hotel, and you can use the E. Card there but not at the other two.

Old Jun 9th, 2001, 06:42 PM
Celeste

The Hyatt and Marriott are both on Kaanapali Beach, recently rated in the Top Ten of beaches nationwide. However, I have always preferred the Wailea area and its numerous crescent shaped little beaches. So I would vote for the Renaissance. I don't know what the Marriott costs now but I stayed there for $40 per night when it opened almost 20 years ago!