Help - Hotels in Palm Beach

Jun 25th, 2001, 02:54 PM
Josh

Help - Hotels in Palm Beach

We are taking a trip to Palm Beach, and trying to find a nice place to stay near near Palm Beach proper, but also do not want to pay a fortune. We have seen the SHERATON OCEAN FRONT (Singer Beach) and RADISSON PALM BEACH SHORES (Singer Beach). Does anyone know some info on these. Any recommendations on others that are under $225/night and oceanfront on Palm Beach proper or close?

Jul 1st, 2001, 05:08 PM
sml

Go to Priceline.com Select Palm Beach as the area you want. Keep it only in Palm Beach, no where else. We did not get a four star on their ratings. It was a three star, BUT we got the Hilton on Palm Beach for $60/night twice. It is a four star anywhere else in the US. This is a great hotel! On the water, valet, good rooms, beach service, etc. A hidden suprise is the Howard Johnson in Fort Worth. The airline had to put me up there, and it turned out to be a hidden jewel on the inner-coastal waterway. Renovated hotel and over the bridge that is next to the hotel is Palm Beach!

Jul 1st, 2001, 05:44 PM
Erni Hirsch

I live in the area and have stayed at the Radisson Palm Beach Shores on Singer Island. Part of it is or was a timeshare so that the room we stayed in was more like a suite. The resort is located on a very nice beach next to a large Marriott Timeshare Resort. It would get my vote.

Jul 2nd, 2001, 10:43 AM
barb

I have not been there...but I was wondering the same question; hopefully we get some more responses.

Jul 11th, 2001, 08:27 AM
C Nicholson

Try the Marriott Ocean Pointe - currently quoting rates at $140 for some rooms - though this is in September which may be why it is such a good rate!

Best of luck.

Jul 16th, 2001, 02:56 PM
JB

Josh - The Four Seasons Hotel in Palm Beach has a terrific deal going right now, including breakfast, lunch & valet parking each day of your stay for $220. Just mention you saw the ad in the Travel & Leisure magazine for this incredible deal.

Jul 16th, 2001, 05:49 PM
wandering one

Hi--
Singer Island is 15-20 min north of Palm Beach and although the beaches are basically the same the area is not. The area around the beach is fine but 5 min west of the beach, the area gets sort of dicey. It's fine to drive through (Blue Heron Blvd.) to go to PB or into WPB. Lake Worth (not Fort Worth!)is slightly more accessible to Palm Beach so you might want to stay there.

Jul 18th, 2001, 12:04 PM
Jerel

Make I suggest the Fairfield Inn in Palm Beach?

Jul 18th, 2001, 07:58 PM
rld

Call the Breakers Hotel in Palm Beach proper for their off-season rates (about $200/night or free-night offers)...this is the quintessential PB hotel on the beach. Be sure to stay for the Sunday brunch!

Jul 20th, 2001, 04:45 AM
Miriam

The West Palm Beach Sheraton is not even 5 minutes from the Island. I live in the area and the rooms are $89 and up. Nice room;room service;etc.