Search

Help?- Hotel???

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20th, 2000, 02:37 PM
Jan

Help?- Hotel???

All right... We just decided that we are changing our hotel from the Maui Marriott (due to the construction) to another hotel for our trip in October to Maui. Now I need help in deciding which hotel to choose??? I'm also trying to decide which place is better Kannapali or Wailea for fun!!! This is our first time going to Maui (for our anniversary) we are in our early 30's and we want to have some fun!!! These are the hotels we are considering: Renaissance Wailea, Aston Kannapali Shores, Hyatt Regency Maui, Sheraton Maui and Four Seasons (depending on the price).. Any other suggestions are welcome.
Thx
Jan

Old Aug 20th, 2000, 02:41 PM
sam

Please repost with MAUI in the header...it will get you more (and better) responses. Thanks!

Old Aug 20th, 2000, 03:25 PM
HJS_58

Aloha,

I would say stay on the Kaanapali side
if "fun" read "action" is what your looking for. Check out The Kaanapali Beach Hotel, they have some of the best rates for hotels in Kaanapali.
Wailea is much more laid back and "away"
from it all than Kaanapali.

No matter where you stay on Maui
you will love it.

HJS

Old Aug 22nd, 2000, 07:55 AM
terri

Jan,

My husband and I just returned from 8 days at the Ritz Carlton at Kapalua. We are in our mid 30's and loved it. The rooms were terrific, pools and service great. My husband played golf at all 3 courses there and we had plenty to do. If you were using marriott points by chance, they can be used at the Ritz although you have to use more points! On this part of the island you have a 15 minute drive to Lahaina where there are alot of things to do, as well as the kanapali area. We ate at alot of great restaurants in this area. Where ever you end up you will have a great time!

Old Aug 28th, 2000, 04:10 PM
Adam & Eve B&B

You may want to consider a Bed & Breakfast experience for a fresh change... Maui has a large selection of host homes and the service you will receive is unbeatable... Enjoy and Aloha

Old Aug 30th, 2000, 12:50 PM
Maxine

Hyatt Regency, without a doubt! I LOVE that hotel and would stay there again, again, and again if I could. The hotel and grounds are so beautiful. They have a huge swimming pool with waterfalls (very romantic, especially for an anniversary). Breakfast at their Swan Court restaurant is so beautiful and peaceful. The food is good and you get to watch swans, and ducks swim. You will love this hotel!

Old Aug 31st, 2000, 06:51 AM
topper