Reload this Page >

HELP From U.K. Travellers PLEASE

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31st, 2000, 11:47 AM
nic

We are soon going to be booking our airline tickets to Florida (We plan to go in November. I was wondering has anyone from the U.K. found any good cheap places to find airline tickets, on the internet, teletext or anywhere else. One more thing do you know of any direct flights to Florida (probably Orlando), so far I've only found B.A. and Virgin Atlantic which are both really expensive. Any tips, advice or suggestions most welcome.
Thanks.

Old Jul 31st, 2000, 02:21 PM
Mike& Jane Bristow

We suggest you check out Trailfinders (Manchester Office 0161 839 3636) they also have offices in London, Birmingham & I think Bristol. We've used them loads of times for trips all over the USA - very helpful & reliable. They will also arrange car hire and hotels if you want them to. You could also check out the travel sections of the Sunday papers, they usually have loads of adverts for flights etc. If you want any more info e mail us.

Old Jul 31st, 2000, 02:34 PM
Harriett

Check Continental, into Jacksonville or some location other than Orlando. We're flying to Dublin in October and got best prices on Continental. And, besides being a nice beachside city, Jacksonville is only about 2 hours from Orlando -- you could easily rent a car in JAX and drive down to Orlando.

Old Jul 31st, 2000, 02:36 PM
Harriett

I just re-read your question and wanted to add that our flight from Jacksonville to Dublin is through Newark, rather than direct, but with good connections and a good price.

Old Aug 6th, 2000, 12:28 AM
nic

Dear Mike & Jane
Thanks very much for your info. We rang trailfinders yesterday and booked our airline tickets (They were much more helpful than a couple of companies we rang earlier). We may also book our car hire with them.
Thanks again.
Nic

Old Aug 7th, 2000, 11:36 AM
DAVE G

Hi Nic,
If you hadn't already got your tickets I was going to say, try Travel City on 01253 75 75 00 as I have found them to be very good on all aspects of travelling to Florida but as you have got sorted out I hope you got the deal you wanted and now just go have and have a great time but one last question which airline are you flying with. ?????

Old Aug 7th, 2000, 11:42 AM
nic

Hi Dave
Thanks for the info, it may come in handy another time. We are flying with Air Canada.