Help for Jun-05: Vegas, Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce and Sedona

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16th, 2005, 09:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are planning a 12-day trip to Las Vegas with side trips at Zion, Bryce, Grand Canyon (both North and South Rims) and Sedona before heading back out of Las Vegas.

We are proposing two nights in Vegas, three in Zion, one in Bryce, one on North Rim, two on South Rim and two in Sedona. Any thoughts or adjustments any of you would make? Would you skip Sedona and add another destination further eastwards in Utah - and if so for how long?

We'll be travelling with two children, ages 14 and 11 so any helpful advice for keeping them entertained is most appreciated. There's only so much scenery they are willing to look at on this type trip.
Old Mar 16th, 2005, 09:52 AM

We are in the process of planning a similar trip for later in the summer - my husband is like a kid and I can only take so much scenery so I understand where you are coming from! I have gleaned alot of useful info from this site...esp concerning traveling times between all the destinations....often longer than I would anticipate! We have worked into our plans a horseback ride in Zion along the Sand Bench Trail and the tour in Page of Antelope Canyon -
Are also considering flying into Phoenix and out of LV - decided the extra cost more than off-set the time in the car - esp between LV, the So. Rim, and Page. We have been told by all who have been there not to skip Sedona - so Phoenix makes a logical loop. I would take a pinkjeep tour there but we won't be there long enough. Darn! I guess I'm really the kid here!
Old Mar 16th, 2005, 12:47 PM

I would skip the N. Rim. You will be seeing the better views at the S. Rim. I would instead spend the night at Page, AZ and Glen Canyon National Recreational Area. We did the same trip in 2003 (except Sedona & N. Rim) and the 1/2 day Colorado River float trip was the highlight of the trip for everyone including my 17 year old newphew.

I guess my kids were odd, because they liked traveling to all of these places (many, many times). They would bring books to read incase they got bored.

Utahtea
Old Mar 16th, 2005, 01:54 PM

The idea of flying into LV and out of Phx (or vice versa) is a great idea. I am flying into LV and out of Phoenix and got a great deal on a cat ($241 for 10 days) via carrentals.com. Noticed today that expedia.com has the lower rates but for smaller cars, about the same price for full size.
Old Mar 16th, 2005, 02:26 PM

OOps... the deal was on a car not a cat and the correct web site is rentalcars.com.