HELP!! Ferries Naples fl-Key West fl

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7th, 2000, 12:54 PM
Bruce Rogers

Visiting Naples Florida 4th Nov 2000 through
18th Nov 2000. I've surfed web tried local newspapers & chambers of commerce to try and get details of ferries from Naples to Key West but nothing but silence. Can anyone please help

Old Sep 7th, 2000, 01:20 PM
JoAnn

Try looking in Ft. Myers. We were there in April and saw newpaper ads for a ferry from Ft. Myers to Key West. Our Key West daughter was going to use it to visit her sister in Ft. Myers, but decided to drive it instead (6 hrs. vs. 3 hrs.) JoAnn

Old Sep 7th, 2000, 04:53 PM
MB

Bruce-The ferry is called the Key West Express and it leaves from Marco Island. I believe it takes a little over 3 hours. The phone # is: 941-394-0014

Old Sep 8th, 2000, 05:14 AM
susan

The Key West Express is a 4 hour trip...lays over in Key West 4 hours, then returns. If you wish, you may spend a night(s) and return another day. The only negative thing I've heard is that this can be a VERY long trip if the seas are high.

Old Sep 8th, 2000, 07:24 AM
2cents

The design of the Key West Express is a catamaran and it is very stable in rough seas. Of course, some people get seasick in light chop, so it depends on what your consitution is. And if it gets very bad out, they will not run it.