Reload this Page >

Help! California coast hotel recommendations

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8th, 2000, 07:21 AM
Joy

Hi - I am planning a 40th birthday trip to the San Francisco area and am interested in staying at moderately priced hotels/Bed and Breakfasts North and South of the city. I have come across several on the internet that look appealing, however would love to hear the opinions of folks who have actually stayed there. Here are the names: 39 Cypress (Point Reyes), Deetjens (Big Sur), Dancing Cayote Beach. Thanks very much.

Old Jun 8th, 2000, 09:07 PM
linda

Deetjens is a great place to stay!!!

Old Jun 9th, 2000, 12:40 PM
Steve

We stayed at Ten Inverness Way near Pt. Reyes for 2 nights in May. First time staying in that area (usually do day trips out of SF) and really enjoyed it. Quiet, comfortable. Friendly owner, nice breakfast. She has web site.

Old Jun 9th, 2000, 03:56 PM
kam

Another vote for Deetjen's. We also stayed at Ten Inverness Way near Pt. Reyes Seashore. Think the Dancing Cayote is more little cabins than a B&B. Ten Inverness is very comfortable and the seashore is great. Sorry I don't know of 39 Cypress at all. Where is it located? There's also all the favorites in Pacific Grove and Carmel which you can easily find on a search here.

Old Jun 12th, 2000, 09:51 AM
Joy

Thanks for your responses. They really helped.

Old Jul 30th, 2000, 01:20 AM
Gail

Our family loved Deejtens! The people below us thought we were too noisy when we walked across the room (it is VERY rustic), but fun.

We have stayed several times at Dancing Coyote. Ask for the room on the end to watch the tide. Also don't miss Manka's Inverness Lodge for dinner. It is expensive and worth every cent it will set you back. Dancing Coyote has some rooms with showers that are on the outside deck. Have a great trip.

Old Jul 30th, 2000, 08:35 AM
CarrieM

Could someone tell me how to find info online about the Tan Inverness Way lodging facility near Point Reyes....Thank you. Carrie

Old Jul 30th, 2000, 01:17 PM
Being

Carrie, that one doesn't ring a bell at all.
Are you quite sure you have the exact name? Try to double check your source.
I did a quick search of Point Reyes lodging and didn't find anyting even close to "Tan Inverness Way."
Here's my suggestion:
Use my favorite Search Engine: Google

1. http://www.google.com

2. type in your search phrase

Use something like: point reyes lodging

If you can't find it, use a different phrase: inverness lodging

It's difficult to help you, there's lots of small inn, B&Bs, cottages, private homes, etc.
Good Luck!

Old Jul 31st, 2000, 07:03 PM
Gail

Ten Inverness Way (415) 669-1648. Another place we enjoy out there is Jasmine Cottage (415)663-1166.