Help ! 1st time in vegas

Jun 2nd, 2007, 09:41 PM
Original Poster

Help ! 1st time in vegas

I'm taking my husband to Vegas for his 50th birhtday. Neither of us have been there before. All we are interested in are very nice accomodations. We will gamble and go to the pools and shows, but a great room and atmosphere are what I want to give him. I've been suggested the Bellagio, Mandalya Bay, Ceasars Palace and the Venetian. Romance would be nice too. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks! By the way, travel will be mid June. I need help!
Jun 2nd, 2007, 09:50 PM

What is your budget? All of the places you have listed are very expensive ($300 to $500 a night for the basic room).

Of those you listed, I've only stayed at the Venetian (shortly after it opened on special rates - could never afford it otherwise). The room was nice, but I wouldn't say it was worth $300... I've been to Vegas a dozen times in about that many years.

The grounds of Manadalay Bay are nice, but it's at the end of the strip. The others are more centrally located. Lots to do at all of these - the Bellagio concervatory is not to be missed, it changes seasonally and is always gorgeous.

Sorry I'm not much help... these places are too pricey for me. Good luck!
Jun 2nd, 2007, 09:51 PM

What's your budget? If you can afford it, of course the Bellagio would be fabulous. But if not....I would recommend the Venetian. Check their website, get on their email mailing list (in fact, sign up at all hotels' websites) for exclusive specials. I get these emails all the time and the packages are pretty darn good. I like the Venetian because it's centrally located on the strip and has some good eats and good shopping right in the hotel. I found the tub to be ergonomically correct for optimal soaking, but then again...I soak by myself! Also they have a nice spa/workout area with staff that's not too snotty. (I thought the Mandalay's staff was a little uppity--made me feel uncomfortable.) And of course, you can ride the gondola, right there!
Jun 2nd, 2007, 09:56 PM

Oops! Just saw sandra's post....actually if you can get a good package special (depending on time of year, time of week, etc.), prices can go as low as $99 per night at the Mandalay or Venetian, including meal and/or spa coupons.
Jun 2nd, 2007, 09:56 PM
Original Poster

I'm not really concerned with a budget. We are treating ourselves since this is a special occasion. Thanks for the info. We don't want snotty either.
Jun 3rd, 2007, 02:39 AM

Stay at Caesar's and get a room in the Augustus Tower. You'll probably have to pay more for it, but they are GREAT! Ask for one with a view of the Bellagio fountains, and be sure to tell the desk clerk you are celebrating a special occasion and they will probably give you an upgrade if possible.