Hello need some suggestions in LA for Hotels

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28th, 2021, 02:54 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can any experienced can suggest some quality hotels near LAX Airport. I was planning to go on next Jan. Some affordable hotels suggestions pls
Old Dec 28th, 2021, 03:06 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
There are many reputable hotels close to LAX but we don't know what you consider affordable. What is your actual budget?
Old Dec 28th, 2021, 04:50 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
It would help a bit if you defined "near LAX." I live near the airport, and what I think is "near LAX" may not be what you're thinking. Also, is this for one night?

Every single hotel chain has a property in the LAX area. Some, like Marriott, have half a dozen in different rate ranges. If there is a particular chain that you've found affordable, I'd start there. I'd be looking for free parking or free airport shuttle, and not every hotel will have that.
Old Dec 28th, 2021, 09:45 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Heck -- even the Motel 6 a mile-ish up W. Century has a free shuttle. But even a motel 6 might not be affordable for some since with taxes it can run anywhere from about $120 a night all the way up to over $400 for the same room, depending on the date. Rates for most LAX hotels are VERY date specific.
Old Dec 31st, 2021, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Even if you see a hotel advertising a shuttle on a website, you need to CALL them to be sure it is running. Many are not. And some do not run 24/7.

I recommend confining your search to hotels WEST of the 405 Freeway. You may find that hotels such as the Hilton on Century have rates less than the Motel 6.

If you give a budget and date, then we may have some specific suggestions. If this is more than a one-night stay, you wouldn't want to stay along Century Blvd for example.

El Segundo tends to be over-supplied and offers some good options, including several near the Green Line station on Mariposa. One I often recommend is the Hilton Garden Inn.

For research I like to use Expedia. You can sort by distance to airport and include "free airport shuttle" if that is what you are looking for. They do show the total price without requiring you to do "fake booking".

Last edited by mlgb; Dec 31st, 2021 at 12:28 PM.
Old Dec 31st, 2021, 01:50 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Airport shuttles... LOTS of hotel amenities changed or disappeared during Covid. Some have been reinstated and cancelled again as the County's pandemic mandates come and go. Also, hotels, like many other businesses, are experiencing staffing shortages. Nothing should be assumed without verification with the hotel and then confirmed again just before arrival, esp. for a trip as soon as next month because of Omicron.

El Segundo does have a lot of good options, mostly in the mid-range chain category.

Rates in the LAX area are almost always lower mid-week than for Friday/Saturday nights.