Search

Helen

Search this Thread

Old May 23rd, 1999, 04:47 PM
Gary

Helen

We are going to Helen in Oct. Any info on hotels, restaurants would be appreciated. Also how about side trips? Thanks

Old May 26th, 1999, 12:57 PM
cleo

Where the Helen is Helen? Could you be more specific?

Old May 26th, 1999, 02:42 PM
bly

Do you mean Helena - as in Montana? Give more details! b

Old May 26th, 1999, 03:03 PM
Jess

Hello,
Do you refer to Helen, Georgia or Helena, Montana or some other Helen?

Old May 26th, 1999, 03:45 PM
Gary

I guess it would help if I said which state. It's Helen Georgia.

Old May 26th, 1999, 06:35 PM
goober

Sidetrips from Helen, Georgia ??? Sheesh man, I thought Helen was a sidetrip !!!!

To Helen gone.....

Old May 27th, 1999, 03:22 AM
Susan

The obvious "side trip" from Helen would be Atlanta area. Go to Kennesaw Mt. National Battlefield Park, Stone Mountian,(lots to do there, food isn't great, so take a picnic), Harry's (ok, so it's a market, but they have produce from all over the world that no-one's ever seen before, gourmet everything you can think of, 200 kinds of bread, etc,etc,etc...)then stop for lunch at a great BBQ place over by Harrys and the Big Chicken (can't remember the name, but there's tons of wood stacked out front. Maybe a local could add to this info?) There's a lot to do and see in Atlanta itself,of course. As for hotels in Helen, I've never been there myself, and only saw well-known chains in the AAA tourbook. Now that we know where you're headed, I'll bet you'll get more good info! Have fun!