Reload this Page >

Hawaii trip first time-which island?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20th, 2000, 07:28 AM
Jacquie

My Husband and I and another couple are planning a trip to Hawaii in February of 2001. This is a first time for all of us. We don't know which Island or Islands to visit-any favorites and why? How do you get between the islands if you want to visit more than one? What's the difference between each island? Thanks for any Information.

Old Jun 21st, 2000, 01:40 PM
ezron

First question how many days will you be there?????

Old Jun 21st, 2000, 02:26 PM
4xHA vactioner

Hawaii basics:
1. All the islands are beautiful
2. Oahu is typically the cheapest island as more people live and visit there.
3. Wakiki has beautiful views of Diamond Head but other than that is a big city beach
4. You can find quiet beaches on Oahu with hardly a sole if you leave Wakiki
5. If you want to see the live volcanos you have to go to the Big Island Hawaii.
6. Getting between the islands, flights on Aloha or other airlines.

The diferences in the islands are too numerous to mention. I would go to your local library or book store and do some reading. But the bottom line is:

AS LONG AS YOU ARE IN HAWAII, IT DOESN'T MATTER WHICH ISLAND YOU ARE ON, AS THEY ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL!

Old Jun 21st, 2000, 03:15 PM
Carmen

We have been to Hawaii 4 times, Oahu, Kauai and Maui. It sort of depends upon what you want to do and spend. Condo or hotel, drive or not? If you choose Maui stay in Wailea if you can, or Kanaapali, not Kihei, which agents recommend. Take a boat trip up the coast of Kauai if you go there. Snorkel in Poipu on Kauai.

Old Jun 21st, 2000, 04:44 PM
vosaki

It depends on how long you'll be there and whether you plan to return. Remember, island hopping is time consuming -- you'll waste the better part of the day with all the money motions of moving. If you plan to return, its better to see fewer islands.

Old Jun 22nd, 2000, 03:50 AM
Noach

See my list of HI websites which should give you an introduction to the dif. islands.