Reload this Page >

Hawaii Shows/ Cecelio & Kapono and Tiny bubbles

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 07:42 PM
gail

Has anyone been to the Don Ho show recently? What did you think? Is the food any better or should we skip the dinner part? Any ideas of ways to find out if C&K might be playing?Thanks!

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 08:11 PM
Melissa

Don Ho owns a restaurant, Don Ho's, at Aloha Tower Marketplace. I'm not sure if he performs much anymore. As for Cecilio & Kapono, they broke up years ago! Kapono also has a restaurant named Kapono's (I'm beginning to see a pattern here), also at Aloha Tower Marketplace. Both restaurants feature live music, not necessarily by the owners.

Old Aug 12th, 2001, 02:07 PM
Becky

Don Ho still performs, in fact his cocktail show is a 2 for 1 offer in the Entertainment book.

Old Aug 14th, 2001, 07:58 PM
TIM

DON HO IS STILL PERFOMING. WE SAW HIM 2 WEEKS AGO AT THE BEACHCOMBER. WHAT A DULL SHOW IT WAS. HE STILL TELLS JOKES, BUT IT SEEMS IT IS HIS KIDS SHOW.THE FOOD WAS TERRIBLE AND THE DRINKS WERE OVERPRICED AND NOT TO MENTION VERY WEAK. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS SHOW,BUT! IF YOU LIKE LEGENDS, THIS IS THE ONE TO SEE.

Old Aug 15th, 2001, 01:20 PM
Carelle

We went to the Don Ho show 2 years ago. He didn't sing that much (as a previous message said), he lets his children do the entertaining. It was somewhat disappointing as we paid to hear him. The food was just average as well as the drinks. I wouldn't go again. Don Ho
spent his time sitting at a table, talking on the phone while relatives and talented members of the audience did the singing! I'm not sure if the phone was a prop or what.