Reload this Page >

Hawaii - good food to eat

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 10:06 AM
Ron

My wife and I are going to Hawaii (BI) in a couple of weeks with friends our ours. It will be our first time there. They have a time share condo in Kona and we are staying there with them. We are good places to eat?
Also - How can we get hooked up with a good Loo owl? (spelling terrible)
Thanks

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 10:25 AM
Sarah

I thought you were trying to say cow cow for a moment there. I know that the Hilton Waikaloa has great resonably price Paniolo (sp) (Hawaiian Cowboy)(BBQ)buffets which are tasty. Someone else can help you on luau. They also have gourmet Italian, Japanese, America cuisine in other restaurants. Actually the paniola buffet is part of theme another night they might to a luau or some other theme. This was about 20 per person.

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 10:27 AM
John

By all means eat at: Roys, The Canoe House (very expensive but worth it), and Merrimens (in Waikaloa).
Luaus are at several of the Hotels. Take your pick.
For fun eat at Bubba Gumps in Kona and watch the sunset.

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 10:37 AM
Lisa

We had a fabulous French dinner at La Bourgogne in Kona. It's a romantic and intimate restaurant. Superb wine selection, and desserts to die for.

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 11:43 AM
xxx

We had an incredibly good meal at OOdles of Noodles. Also, a very expensive, but delicious and gorgeous setting at Edwards at Kanaloa. We liked Huggos, too. For a great cup of coffee, great breakfast or lunch treats try Island Lava Java. This was 1 1/2 yrs ago, so hopefully all of these places are still there and still good.

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 01:03 PM
MJ

Kona Village has a very good luau but very pricey. It is a fun way to see a very private and lovely vacation spot. We also got a "backdoor look" at the Outrigger Waikoloa's luau one night. The music and dancers put on quite a show and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. The beach and historical park at the Outrigger are also lovely and worth a visit before a luau.

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 02:33 PM
CJ

We really enjoyed Cafe Pesto in Kohala. Also good for coffee and dessert is Island Lava Java on Alii Dr. in Kona.

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 04:33 PM
Beth

I din't no if the big island has a Roy's but if they do , GO! The Roy's in Oahu and Maui are the best restarants I've ever been to. Tell them you know Daniel Kirby in Orlando and they will roll out the red carpet for you!

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 09:29 AM
Michelle

Ron,
Stayed on the BI for 10 days in October. WE had some great meals.... my top suggestions would be:
1. Canoe House- pricey but worth it!
2. Four Seasons- also pricey
3. Huggos in Kona
4. Donatoni's- in the Hilton
5. Roys.
You really can't go wrong with any of these choices- they were all fabulous!
If you have any other questions, please feel free!